sebring radiator heater?

Old October 11th 04, 05:20 PM
Dave Smith

Default sebring radiator heater?

My sebring convertible takes a very long time to warm up in the morning.
I can let it sit for quite a long time and no hot air comes out until I
start driving. The radiator is full of fluid so that is not the issue.

So, would one of those heaters inserted into a radiator hose fix me up
or should I be looking for another solution?

Thanks,
Dave
Old October 11th 04, 06:29 PM
Jack Pucci

Check that the heater control valve is opening

Old October 11th 04, 06:29 PM
Jack Pucci

Old October 11th 04, 08:06 PM
BeeP

Put the top up. Only kidding.
Are you sure the thermostat is working properly?
Also, there might be an air bubble in the heater core. I have had that
in several previous cars.
In the group you might find the air-bleed procedure to make sure the
heater core is always filled with hot fluid.
Doesn't seem to me you would need an auxiliary heat source....
Good luck.
Bob
Caravan/Voyager

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> My sebring convertible takes a very long time to warm up in the

morning.
> I can let it sit for quite a long time and no hot air comes out

until I
> start driving. The radiator is full of fluid so that is not the

issue.

> So, would one of those heaters inserted into a radiator hose fix me

up
> or should I be looking for another solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

---

Old October 11th 04, 08:06 PM
BeeP

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> My sebring convertible takes a very long time to warm up in the

morning.
> I can let it sit for quite a long time and no hot air comes out

until I
> start driving. The radiator is full of fluid so that is not the

issue.

> So, would one of those heaters inserted into a radiator hose fix me

up
> or should I be looking for another solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

---

Old October 12th 04, 12:49 AM
Steve B.

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:20:14 -0700, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>My sebring convertible takes a very long time to warm up in the morning.
>I can let it sit for quite a long time and no hot air comes out until I
>start driving. The radiator is full of fluid so that is not the issue.
>
>So, would one of those heaters inserted into a radiator hose fix me up
>or should I be looking for another solution?

How long is a very long time? Could be a thermostat... Definatley
worth swapping in a new one before you go to far trying to fix the
issue.

Steve B.
Old October 12th 04, 12:49 AM
Steve B.

Old October 13th 04, 01:55 AM
Delbe Comeau

Check if lines to heater core are getting hot or maybe a problem a flap in
the dash. D.J.

Old October 13th 04, 01:55 AM
Delbe Comeau

Old October 13th 04, 02:57 AM
mic canic

you did not state the milage but i would first check the coolant level then
consider a new thermostat with maybe a coolant flush