99 Chrysler LHS - Infinity I System

Old August 14th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
rdh009

Default 99 Chrysler LHS - Infinity I System

Hi guys-

I have a 99 LHS with the infinity I sound system. The two 2.5 inch
coaxial speakers in the lower corners of the front door windows are in
need of replacement. The problem is I cannot locate a pair of 2.5 inch
speakers anywhere. Is there anywhere to search other than the
dealership? I tried looking at crutchfield, but had no luck. They are
suggesting using 3.5 inch speakers in that spot, which I do not think
will fit.

Has anyone replaced these in the past and have tips? Where to purchase
the speakers, and how to remove the covers?

Thanks,
Bob

Old August 14th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
RM v2.0

My sebring had those in the dash. I ended up taking the midrange speakers
from a pair of 6x9 pioneers and removing the capacitor to make it a full
range speaker. The size was a little over 2.5 inches but a tiny bit of
grinding on opposite edges and they were able to be hotglued into the
factory grilles. Beats the hell out of the $200 the dealer wanted and they
sound better. 3.5's will definietly not fit at all.

oups.com...

Old August 14th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

rdh009 wrote:
> Hi guys-
>
> I have a 99 LHS with the infinity I sound system. The two 2.5 inch
> coaxial speakers in the lower corners of the front door windows are in
> need of replacement. The problem is I cannot locate a pair of 2.5 inch
> speakers anywhere. Is there anywhere to search other than the
> dealership? I tried looking at crutchfield, but had no luck. They are
> suggesting using 3.5 inch speakers in that spot, which I do not think
> will fit.
>
> Has anyone replaced these in the past and have tips? Where to purchase
> the speakers, and how to remove the covers?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

There's been discussion ad infinitum on the 300M Club forums:
http://300mclub.org/forums/index.php...7dc347d2afee34
- do a search there for every possible option available.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')