I have an offer on my lt4

Old August 20th 04, 03:50 AM
Ralph

Default I have an offer on my lt4

I was going to sell my lt4 and buy a new c5 because I saw some great
deals.

Turns out I can not swing the 39999 + tax for the c5.

However some pretty nice guy offered my 18500 for my car. I
originally was asking 19500.

If I sell my car, I know I will go into a newer ( not new ) c5. But
truthfully I do not have money to burn. If the car is worth 18500
now, I don't know if it will go down much further. It is a 96 with
18400 documented miles in Mint condition. If I went into a c5, I
would want very low miles, so I do not know if I would be able to get
a deal.

What do you think. Guy wants to know by tomorrow.

Ralph
Old August 20th 04, 02:16 PM
Bob G.

>If I sell my car, I know I will go into a newer ( not new ) c5. But
>truthfully I do not have money to burn. If the car is worth 18500
>now, I don't know if it will go down much further. It is a 96 with
>18400 documented miles in Mint condition. If I went into a c5, I
>would want very low miles, so I do not know if I would be able to get
>a deal.
>
>What do you think. Guy wants to know by tomorrow.
>
>Ralph

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000

Take the offer and RUN..... However if it is a Grand Sport I'll match
the offer. lol

Seriously

At first glance I thought 18,500 seemed a little high.. since I own a
95 6 speed car in excellent shape...many more miles then yours etc..)
I would be very lucky to sell it for 13K... IF I was inclined to sell

Kelly blue book lists it as valued at about 15,500 with those 18,400
miles...(Private sale)

Both Trade in and Retail from a dealer are less then 18,500

I am not going to get into a debate on low milage cars...all I will
say is that I will never pay as much as a hundred bucks premium to buy
a car with low milage... I do not even think an engine is broken in
until it hits 100,000 miles in todays Corvettes... (well close to
10000 anyway..lol)

Bob Griffiths
68 SS 396 Chevelle
64 & 72 Corvette Convertibles