jeep wrangler renagade 2001

Old March 15th 05, 08:24 AM
bigblack

Default jeep wrangler renagade 2001

does any one know if a 2001 wangler is ment to have caps over the front
wheel bearings to stop the water getting in cause mine dosn't have any?

Old March 15th 05, 09:06 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The axle nut you see on the hub is like a rice burner front wheel
drive axle: http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cheroke...2_feb/bearing/
And does not access the bearing spindle like a Real Jeep that needs at
least a rubber cap: http://www.billhughes.com/realhub.jpg or the Warn
locking hub to cover the Real floating bearings.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old March 15th 05, 11:30 AM
bigblack

thanks heeps for the info. Ive only had my jeep for a month i have heeps to
learn.

Old March 15th 05, 02:44 PM
Andy

You can get "Mud Seals" for your Dana 30 made by Drivetrain Direct. Easy to
install with double seals and its got a zerk fitting. I paid around $130
for mine and they work. No water in the axel tubes - no more gray gear oil.
Search google for info.

Andy
2001 TJ

lkaboutautos.com...

Old March 15th 05, 03:24 PM
Mike Romain

You also don't have any front wheel bearings sitting under where you
think a cap should be. No parts to change or repack or grease, the hub
is a sealed unit you have to throw away when it gets worn.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old March 15th 05, 04:14 PM
IsellJeeps

btw there is no " renegade" edition in

lkaboutautos.com...

Old March 17th 05, 08:28 AM
TW

Well, yes there was a "renegade" edition - may be not in USA. In New
Zealand Wrangler Sahara was called Renegade in 2000 and 2001. I know
because I am driving one (I can send you the photo)>>>

TW

. com...

Old March 17th 05, 09:20 AM
TW

Well, yes there was a "renegade" edition - may be not in USA. In New
Zealand Wrangler Sahara was called Renegade in 2000 and 2001. I know
because I am driving one (I can send you the photo)>>>

TW

"IsellJeeps" > wrote in message
. com...
> btw there is no " renegade" edition in
>

> "bigblack" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
>> does any one know if a 2001 wangler is ment to have caps over the front
>> wheel bearings to stop the water getting in cause mine dosn't have any?

2000 Jeep Wrangler Renagade package Kevin C. Jeep 4 February 26th 05 04:10 PM
4SALE: Trail-Ready 2001 Jeep TJ jbjeep Jeep 0 February 23rd 05 03:39 AM
Jeep Grand Cherokee 2001 DougW Jeep 0 January 8th 05 06:27 PM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 03:22 PM