Are you in favor of SUV's

Old January 2nd 05, 10:55 AM
George Conklin

"DonQuixote-v-Windmills" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> John David Galt wrote:

> is illegal

> should go

> him in

> > william lynch wrote:
> > > So you cannot even tell that the bumpers are much higher on SUVs?

> > Sure they're higher. Show me a law against it.

> It got a law going FOR it: the Law of the Jungle. F*** the passengers
> in the smaller vehicles!

The motto of the 18-wheeler, where in an accident, the car is NINE times
more likely to have a fatality than the truck.

Old January 2nd 05, 02:49 PM
DonQuixote-v-Windmills

George Conklin wrote:

is
> illegal

Osama"
> should go

throw him
> in

> > william lynch wrote:
> > > So you cannot even tell that the bumpers are much higher on SUVs?

> > Sure they're higher. Show me a law against it.

> The bumper heights of the 18-wheeler are higher than those of a

car.
> Should be illegal, right?

That's why they are required a much tougher license. Reckless SUVs got
a License to Kill.

Old January 2nd 05, 02:49 PM
DonQuixote-v-Windmills

Old January 2nd 05, 02:51 PM
DonQuixote-v-Windmills

George Conklin wrote:
> "DonQuixote-v-Windmills" > wrote in message
> oups.com...

height
> > is illegal

Osama"
> > should go

throw
> > him in

SUVs?

> > > Sure they're higher. Show me a law against it.

> > It got a law going FOR it: the Law of the Jungle. F*** the

passengers
> > in the smaller vehicles!
> >

> The motto of the 18-wheeler, where in an accident, the car is NINE

times
> more likely to have a fatality than the truck.

It must be 90 times more deadly because the SUVs can be up to 16 times.

Old January 2nd 05, 02:51 PM
DonQuixote-v-Windmills

Old January 3rd 05, 02:45 PM
Sancho Panza

"George Conklin" > wrote in message
hlink.net...
> The motto of the 18-wheeler, where in an accident, the car is NINE times
> more likely to have a fatality than the truck.

There is no need to go that big. Ford pickups like the F-250, 350 and 550
all have higher bumpers than ordinary sedans.

Old January 3rd 05, 02:45 PM
Sancho Panza

Old January 3rd 05, 04:53 PM
George Conklin

"Sancho Panza" > wrote in message

> "George Conklin" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
> > The motto of the 18-wheeler, where in an accident, the car is NINE

times
> > more likely to have a fatality than the truck.

> There is no need to go that big. Ford pickups like the F-250, 350 and 550
> all have higher bumpers than ordinary sedans.

The bumpers of ordinary sedans are far, far too LOW. The bumpers of
ordinary sedans in the past were much higher. Further, bumpers do not
really exist except behind $1,500 plastic covers which are scratched just by
walking by them.

Old January 3rd 05, 04:53 PM
George Conklin

Old January 4th 05, 02:17 AM
Mike Z. Helm

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 09:54:30 GMT, "George Conklin"

>illegal

>should go

>in

>> william lynch wrote:
>> > So you cannot even tell that the bumpers are much higher on SUVs?

>> Sure they're higher. Show me a law against it.

> The bumper heights of the 18-wheeler are higher than those of a car.
>Should be illegal, right?

Are you sure about that? The front bumper is actually pretty low on
many 18-wheelers, and trailers are required to have a bar (not sure if
you can really call it a bumper) to prevent regular cars from running up
underneath them.