HELP: Toyota Landcruiser Prado, electric windows

Old July 12th 05, 01:44 PM
howard

Default HELP: Toyota Landcruiser Prado, electric windows

Hi All

the other day all my windows stoped working, fuses all ok, so
i thought that i will look at the master switch, well it all looks ok to me
so i used some switch cleaner to clean it, and refitted it.

I could not get the drivers window to work, but the passanger and rear
windows worked if you used the switches in the doors, but would not work
if use the master switch!

But today none of the windows work :angry:

also when i went out in the car, i could hear what sounded like the doors
trying
to lock\unlock, maybe this has something to do with the master switch (door
lock
button).

Is there anyway to test the operation of this unit ??

Thanks for any help given

Howard

Old July 12th 05, 04:45 PM
Ray O

"howard" > wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> the other day all my windows stoped working, fuses all ok, so
> i thought that i will look at the master switch, well it all looks ok to
> me
> so i used some switch cleaner to clean it, and refitted it.
>
> I could not get the drivers window to work, but the passanger and rear
> windows worked if you used the switches in the doors, but would not work
> if use the master switch!
>
> But today none of the windows work :angry:
>
> also when i went out in the car, i could hear what sounded like the doors
> trying
> to lock\unlock, maybe this has something to do with the master switch
> (door
> lock
> button).
>
> Is there anyway to test the operation of this unit ??
>
> Thanks for any help given
>
> Howard

The master switch is probably the culprit. You will need a wiring diagram
to test voltages and continuity.
--
Ray O
correct the return address punctuation to reply

Old July 13th 05, 12:22 AM
hachiroku

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:44:29 +0000, howard wrote:

> Hi All
>
> the other day all my windows stoped working, fuses all ok, so i thought
> that i will look at the master switch, well it all looks ok to me so i
> used some switch cleaner to clean it, and refitted it.
>
> I could not get the drivers window to work, but the passanger and rear
> windows worked if you used the switches in the doors, but would not work
> if use the master switch!
>
> But today none of the windows work :angry:
>
> also when i went out in the car, i could hear what sounded like the doors
> trying
> to lock\unlock, maybe this has something to do with the master switch
> (door lock
> button).
>
> Is there anyway to test the operation of this unit ??
>
> Thanks for any help given
>
> Howard

I don't know what a Prado is; I can't help you.

Actually, I *DO* know what a Prado is; I'm ****ed we don't get them in the
US, so I can't help you!

So, what you do is, remove the window switch and UNPLUG IT!!! There is a
crapload of current to this switch.

Get an emery board, or better yet, a fingernail file, and LIGHTLY file the
contacts. Then put a very light touch of solder, reassemble and test. This
should work.

Good luck...
Old July 14th 05, 11:32 AM
Ron

Toyota window circuits work by completing the circuit by providing earth.
I.e. check the earth connections in the drivers door and switch assembly
Ron
"howard" > wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> the other day all my windows stoped working, fuses all ok, so
> i thought that i will look at the master switch, well it all looks ok to

me
> so i used some switch cleaner to clean it, and refitted it.
>
> I could not get the drivers window to work, but the passanger and rear
> windows worked if you used the switches in the doors, but would not work
> if use the master switch!
>
> But today none of the windows work :angry:
>
> also when i went out in the car, i could hear what sounded like the doors
> trying
> to lock\unlock, maybe this has something to do with the master switch

(door
> lock
> button).
>
> Is there anyway to test the operation of this unit ??
>
> Thanks for any help given
>
> Howard

Forza Car List Rob Berryhill Simulators 19 May 7th 05 11:37 PM
WTD: wiring supplement for Toyota Landcruiser Prado howard 4x4 0 April 27th 05 02:20 PM
New Toyota Prado 120 group aussie_prado 4x4 0 September 25th 04 11:45 AM
toyota landcruiser swb 2.4 td smt 4x4 0 March 29th 04 12:56 PM
ALERT TO TOYOTA OWNERS Charlene Blake General 0 January 15th 04 01:50 PM