2001 Dodge Neon Leaking when it rains

Old October 24th 04, 11:59 PM
dajb18102

Default 2001 Dodge Neon Leaking when it rains

My Neon has a major leak when it rains. Both the rear driver and passenger
floor are loaded with inches of water! Also, the trunk is soaked and a huge
puddle, lays under the spare tire. What is going on? The car then begins
to smell like rotten water? where is it coming from?

Old October 25th 04, 02:58 AM
Scott Ehardt

"dajb18102" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> My Neon has a major leak when it rains. Both the rear driver and
> passenger
> floor are loaded with inches of water! Also, the trunk is soaked and a
> huge
> puddle, lays under the spare tire. What is going on? The car then begins
> to smell like rotten water? where is it coming from?

Could it be leaking past a trunk gasket and pouring from there into the
passenger compartment?

--
Scott Ehardt
http://www.scehardt.com

Old October 25th 04, 02:58 AM
Scott Ehardt

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 25th 04, 03:09 AM
dajb18102

Where is the trunk gasget? I can check that. I have no clue, where it
could be coming in from. Thanks! I will let you know......

Old October 25th 04, 03:09 AM
dajb18102

Old October 25th 04, 04:23 PM
Tom Rogers

I had a 98 Neon do the same thing. There was a leak in the seal around the
tail-light assembly.

-Tom

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 25th 04, 04:23 PM
Tom Rogers

I had a 98 Neon do the same thing. There was a leak in the seal around the
tail-light assembly.

-Tom

lkaboutautos.com...

Old October 25th 04, 05:18 PM
dajb18102

thanks i will check that too

Old October 25th 04, 05:18 PM
dajb18102

thanks i will check that too

Old January 13th 05, 05:08 AM
twixieann

i don't know if anyone checks this message board anymore but that that i
would give it a shot. i just purchased a 2005 dodge neon and am
experiencing the same problems. i noticed that after some heavy rains that
my floor in the backseat is soaking wet and i had a pool of water in with
my spare tire. i went to the dealer and they said that my rear windshield
wasn't sealed properly and that they would need to re-seal it. since i
still have my warranty it would cost me nothing which was good news. i'm
having it re-sealed tomorrow so if anyone wants to know what happened or
if it solved the problem you can email me at