Why people talk **** about Oklahoma...

Old January 9th 05, 07:41 PM
2.3Sleeper

"rw" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> 2.3Sleeper wrote:
> > Everything you need can be bought off of eBay and at a hardware store.

Very
> > little investment for a decent turn-around if you find the right person.
> >
> > Keep in mind, it is legal to make it in the state of Oklahoma, but

illegal
> > to sell it without a tax stamp. Go see the ABLE commission and the OTC

for
> > those.

> By federal law, you cannot produce spirits legally in Oklahoma or
> anywhere else in the US, whether for personal consumption or sale,
> without jumping through some VERY high federal hoops and spending a
> great deal of money. See the ATF FAQ:
>
> http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/genalcohol.htm#g1
>
> Producing beer and wine for personal consumption is OK, subject to some
> fairly liberal restrictions.

Wonder why they sell beer making kits at departments stores then?

Don Manning

Old January 9th 05, 07:57 PM

I've seen 'em at walmart...

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old January 9th 05, 08:15 PM
rw

2.3Sleeper wrote:
> "rw" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>

>>By federal law, you cannot produce spirits legally in Oklahoma or
>>anywhere else in the US, whether for personal consumption or sale,
>>without jumping through some VERY high federal hoops and spending a
>>great deal of money. See the ATF FAQ:
>>
>>http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/genalcohol.htm#g1
>>
>>Producing beer and wine for personal consumption is OK, subject to some
>>fairly liberal restrictions.
>>

> Wonder why they sell beer making kits at departments stores then?

Like I said, making beer and wine (not for sale) is OK. You're allowed
to brew 100 gal/year of beer if there is one adult in the household, and
200 gal/year if there are two. (Not that anyone checks.)

Distilling spirits is another matter.

I'll also mention that distilling spirits can be very dangerous if you
don't know what you're doing. The first alcohol that distills from the
fermented wash is methanol (because it is more volatile than ethanol,
the good kind). Methanol is poisonous.

Old January 9th 05, 10:07 PM
Spike

Ahhhh, but strain it through a loaf of french bread while you're doing
your sterno...... and you too can be blind or dead....

Where I went to HS in FL, a couple of the guys who drove to school
came in sitting low, and be the end of the day, they were riding high.
Took me a while to figure out why the crowd in the parking lot during
lunch... and why our chem prof wanted to build a still in the lab.
That thing burned some tongues and throat linings....

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 20:15:28 GMT, rw >
wrote:

>2.3Sleeper wrote:
>> "rw" > wrote in message
>> ink.net...
>>

>>>By federal law, you cannot produce spirits legally in Oklahoma or
>>>anywhere else in the US, whether for personal consumption or sale,
>>>without jumping through some VERY high federal hoops and spending a
>>>great deal of money. See the ATF FAQ:
>>>
>>>http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/genalcohol.htm#g1
>>>
>>>Producing beer and wine for personal consumption is OK, subject to some
>>>fairly liberal restrictions.
>>>

>> Wonder why they sell beer making kits at departments stores then?

>Like I said, making beer and wine (not for sale) is OK. You're allowed
>to brew 100 gal/year of beer if there is one adult in the household, and
>200 gal/year if there are two. (Not that anyone checks.)
>
>Distilling spirits is another matter.
>
>I'll also mention that distilling spirits can be very dangerous if you
>don't know what you're doing. The first alcohol that distills from the
>fermented wash is methanol (because it is more volatile than ethanol,
>the good kind). Methanol is poisonous.

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old January 11th 05, 01:37 PM
SVTKate

Yea yea yea... so what.
Do you really think that people pay that much attention to what the feds
have to say?
Do you really think that those people making beer and wine stick to beer and
wine.

The only reason it's illegal is because they CANT MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF IT
IF YOU MAKE YOUR OWN!

I just want to try it for fun.

Kate

ink.net...