Why people talk **** about Oklahoma...

Old January 3rd 05, 02:46 AM
Spike

What, and spoil the surprise?

On 3 Jan 2005 02:36:41 GMT, Joe > wrote:

>That's a long time. Might be worth it to check out mapquest or
>something.
>
>Joe
>Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
>Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old January 3rd 05, 03:14 PM
SVTKate

LOL!
That's a good one too!

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
| One that I heard recently that made me chuckle is from the same vein as
| "Does a bear **** in the woods?". It goes "Does Raggedy Ann have cotton
| titties?".
|
| SVTKate wrote:
| > LOL Don!
| > Those are good ones!
| >
| > "2.3Sleeper" > wrote in message
| > |
| > | "SVTKate" > wrote in message
| > | ink.net...

| > | > |

| > So
| > most
| > why

| > all
| > | giving
| > | well
| > | > |

| > country.
| > | >
| > | i have always heard *witches tit in a brass bra*
| > | mean enough to climb a thorn tree with a bob cat under each arm and
not
| > get
| > | a scratch
| > | sweating like a whore in church with a $20 customer outside.
| > |
| > | Don Manning
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

| > |
| > |

Old January 3rd 05, 05:30 PM
dave

There's an old saying in Oklahoma, well its in Texas and probably in
Oklahoma. Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, don't do it again.
Every place has it good points and bad points. Florida has great
weather,pretty woman, large metro cities but not a damn curvy road in the
state. No mountains and you can only go north or south. Not much for natural
scenery unless you like swamps or oranges or sugar cane. Did I mention the
weather.

"2.3Sleeper" > wrote in message
> No, not some funny email. Just my random thoughts.
>
> People get this image of Oklahoma because we are prone to tornado's. So

are
> about 15 other states. Thing is, we have had a few bad ones...and one damn
> movie, so people stick us with that. For some reason, they put the most
> redneck ass people on the news when this happens. I can understand why
> people get certain idea's about us "Okies".
>
> However...I love this state. A week ago, I froze my ass off at work all
> night long. In and out of the vehicle. Dealing with stupid people, giving
> out parking violation stickers, etc. Cold, very cold. Colder that a well
> digger's ass.
>
> We had a tornado at the end of October. Definitely out of season. there is
> an old saying: If you don't like Oklahoma weather, wait a day. So it has
> been cold. No surprise huh, it is December? Yesterday and today I worked

for
> my father on one of the oil wells. 2 minutes ago, I admired the sunburn on
> my neck, arms, and face. 72 degrees yesterday and damn close again today.

> am in shorts, my kids are playing outside in shorts and shirt sleeves. The
> windows to the house are all open so that we can enjoy a nice Spring

breeze.

Old January 3rd 05, 08:38 PM
Spike

Apparently you forgot Florida has a "panhandle". You can go east-west.
And mountains... why they got one that's at least a couple o' hundred
feet high.... almost as high as the Oregon sand dunes.

Personally, I like, "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice... talk
to the Colt/S&W/Baretta/Ingram/Ruger/etc."

Old January 3rd 05, 10:51 PM
SVTKate

"dave" > wrote in message
. ..
| There's an old saying in Oklahoma, well its in Texas and probably in
| Oklahoma. Fool me once, shame on you.
| Fool me twice, don't do it again.
| Every place has it good points and bad points. Florida has great
| weather,pretty woman, large metro cities but not a damn curvy road in the
| state. No mountains and you can only go north or south. Not much for
natural
| scenery unless you like swamps or oranges or sugar cane. Did I mention the
| weather.

I think you forgot the old men on speedos... ewww...

sorry. I had to.

Old January 4th 05, 12:10 AM
Spike

Well that would set back anyone's sex life about 20 years...

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:51:28 GMT, "SVTKate"

Old January 4th 05, 05:48 AM
Erik D.

Ha, you think Oklahoma has funny weather!!!! We got snow on christmas
for the first time EVER. Last few days have been damn near 80 though.
Only thing is that we rarely get tornadoes. We do, however, have the
occasional hurricane and a good bit of flooding rains.
Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT

Old January 4th 05, 05:57 AM
Erik D.

> Madder than a queer with lockjaw on Valentine's Day.

LOL!! Larry the cable guy is great with these! One of my favorites:

"madder than Janet Reno's blind date". I know its wrong, but I didn't
make it up I just laugh at it.
Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT

Old January 4th 05, 06:56 AM
Spike

I've seen everything come to a stop in Florida (Ft Walton Beach area)
for an inch of snow. Seen 18 inches of snow in the Mojave Desert of
SoCal.

Here, through Lassen Park, they just got the road open through the
park one June, when a storm came through and dumped enough snow to
close it again.

We used to pray for snow in places like Vietnam. Figured if they got
snow, which they had never seen outside of the movies, half of them
would be wiped out in the first couple of hours just trying to drive
all those mopeds in it.

Old January 7th 05, 12:12 AM
John

"SVTKate" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> It's good to live in a place that's known because of it's good Corn
> Whiskey!

My grandfather made his own in NC. I still remember the recipe from when I
helped him:

1 bushel of corn meal
100 lbs of sugar
1 lb of yeast
Add ingredients to a wood barrel he had
Fill with water
Mix well
Let it work (depends on the weather how long)
Crank up the still!

--
John
ThunderSnake #59