Concorde LXI 2002 trunk control not working

Old July 11th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
[email protected]

Default Concorde LXI 2002 trunk control not working

Hi All,
I have 2002 concorde LXI and its trunk is not opening via remote nor
from the control inside the car. Its opening with key only now. I
check the fuse box and did not find anything relating to trunk. Would
you have any idea how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Old July 11th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Lloyd Levitt

I have the same problem with my 02 concorde lx, Chrysler diagnosed it as a
bad cable in the interior in the car.
I did not bother having it fixed as they wanted a minimum of $200.
My solenoid is good , If i apply voltage directly to it, it activates. Check
the continuity of the cable that goes through the trunk lid, it might be
bad.
Lloyd Levitt
East Windsor New Jersey

Old July 13th 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
april1st

On Jul 11, 4:58 pm, "Lloyd Levitt" > wrote:
> I have the same problem with my 02 concorde lx, Chrysler diagnosed it as a
> bad cable in the interior in the car.
> I did not bother having it fixed as they wanted a minimum of $200.
> My solenoid is good , If i apply voltage directly to it, it activates. Check
> the continuity of the cable that goes through the trunk lid, it might be
> bad.
> Lloyd Levitt
> East Windsor New Jersey
>
> "Ralf Ballis" > wrote in message

> > wrote:
> >> I have 2002 concorde LXI and its trunk is not opening via remote nor
> >> from the control inside the car. Its opening with key only now. I
> >> check the fuse box and did not find anything relating to trunk. Would
> >> you have any idea how to fix this.

> > I would take first a look at opener solenoid, check for contacts and if
> > it's energized.

> > Regards,

> > Ralf- Hide quoted text -

Hello,

A common problem with the trunk release/light/center stop light is
breaks in the wiring harness leading to the lock/unlock mechanism (I
had it happen on some of my LH vehicles).

So check for continuity (there is a connector on the driver's side of
the trunk and thus you can check whether the wires are in tact with a
standard multi-meter).

The dealer wanted around $70+ for the new harness. So I decided to
fabricate my own -- the weak spot of the existing design is that they
have a thick plastic stick inserted into the harness at the point
where it has to slide through the ring on the trunk lid (to ensure
that the wires don't twist, etc). The breaks happen at the point where
the ends of the plastic rod rub against the wires.

Initially, I just simply fixed the breaks and put the harness back
together -- however that did not last for long, the wires broke in
about the same spot.

The lasting solution was to get rid of the hard plastic stick and
instead rewire the harness using NEW wires. I taped the wires together
with an electrical tape to make them into a harness. In the place
where the wires were attached to the plastic stick I instead put them
into a piece of clear tubing of about the same length as the plastic
stick was.

This solution worked out OK for me.

Thanks,

Alex