Carpet template for Explorer?

Old October 25th 04, 08:39 AM
Scot

Default Carpet template for Explorer?

Does anyone know where I can find a template, or the measurements, for the
carpet in the cargo area of a 1991 - 1994 Explorer? The template may even
be the same for later models. There aren't any Explorers in the salvage
yards around here.

Thanks.

Old November 3rd 04, 11:02 PM
Herb Kauhry

You don't give a reason for your question, but if it's to have someone cut
you off a new piece 'o carpet - do what the pros do. Get some heavy paper
("kraft" paper or butcher paper works well). Tape it together until you
have a section large enough to fill the back area then trim it to your
liking. There's your template.

--

ink.net...

Old November 5th 04, 11:49 PM
Scot

All correct. The old carpet was scraped before I got to the car, and the "
no problem" shop I took it to completely &^%*#! (botched) the job -- twice.
I'm now doing it myself. Auto carpet sellers require a 20% restocking fee +
shipping + shipping back, so I was checking to see if the diagram with
measurements for these things even existed.

:

> > You don't give a reason for your question, but if it's to have someone

cut
> > you off a new piece 'o carpet - do what the pros do. Get some heavy

paper
> > ("kraft" paper or butcher paper works well). Tape it together until you
> > have a section large enough to fill the back area then trim it to your
> > liking. There's your template.
> >

> Or just use the old carpet? I guess that's too obvious, so I guess the

old