Eradicating BBA

Old March 21st 04, 03:10 AM
Robert Flory

Default Eradicating BBA

"RedForeman " wrote in message

I can only offer 2 words of advice...

Manual Removal - if it's not there, it_Can't_ grow... right?

If you have it, you must "Manually Remove" what you can... on substrate,
plants, equipment... entirely submersing them in chlorine will chemically
remove it... getting rid of it, totally is a hard job... slow but steady
manual removal is indeed the slowest but most promising method. A little

at
a time, will rid your tank of it...

Ok, with that said, I ask, will it grow back? If you repeat what started
it, yes... If you follow a somewhat strict regimen of CO2, Ferts, and

water
changes, it'll probably STOP growing, go dormant and may even subside...
that I cannot prove, but mine is no longer growing....

When all else seems like it'll too fail, you can always try what someone
suggests... it doesn't hurt.. I was the one saying I was going to tear

this
tank down to the stand and clean it... instead, I removed it manually,

added
CO2, and ferts, and slowly but surely, it's being removed.... daily.

--
RedForeman future fabricator and creator of a ratbike streetfighter!!!

Mine hides under a tangled mess of Java fern. One of these I'll have to pull
the fern for a peroxide dip, but I'm lazy and it is behaving ;-)

bob

Old March 21st 04, 03:34 AM
Robert Flory

"RedForeman " wrote in message
No Red NOooooooooo....Don't do it, come back to the light side
Don't let these heathens suck you down. LOL

HA-HA!!! I'm not particularly looking forward to it, I'm trying the CO2,
ferts idea for a while first... but after some reading... eeehh???

--
RedForeman future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!!

Actually peroxide does just as well, it dies and ... turns white or pink,
then often gets eaten....

I've been told a big syringe using a needle for proper placement can kill it
in the tank. never tried that though. Might beat tearing up the tank.

Bob

Old March 22nd 04, 02:01 AM
Rick

"Robert Flory" wrote in message

"RedForeman " wrote in message
No Red NOooooooooo....Don't do it, come back to the light side
Don't let these heathens suck you down. LOL

HA-HA!!! I'm not particularly looking forward to it, I'm trying the CO2,
ferts idea for a while first... but after some reading... eeehh???

--
RedForeman future fabricator and creator of a ratbike
streetfighter!!!

Actually peroxide does just as well, it dies and ... turns white or pink,
then often gets eaten....

I've been told a big syringe using a needle for proper placement can kill

it
in the tank. never tried that though. Might beat tearing up the tank.

Bob

I have tried peroxide and it did work although somewhat difficult to direct
a flow of liquid underwater onto a particular target. It is a long process
as you do it a bit at a time if the fish are still in the tank.

Rick