help: Transfer Case Dropped / now I can't shift to 4HI

Old June 5th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default help: Transfer Case Dropped / now I can't shift to 4HI

Hi all,

I just installed a rubicon express 3.5" lift, which included a 1"
Trasfer Case Drop. I had posted a while back asking if anyone knew a
good 4x4 shop do it for me, but it looked like everyone suggested I do
it myself - so I did.
Came out pretty nice, was easier than I thought - with just a couple of
snags along the way.

Anyway - Here's my current problem.
I can't seem to use the 4x4 shifter to shift into 4HI.
I can barely get it to where the 4x4 light goes on, and it falls out
after driving a short distance.

Is this normal after dropping the transfer case? Is there something I
can do to remedy this, aside from removing the transfer case drop and
bringing it to the stock height.

I know I could do that with a slip yoke eliminator, and longer drive
shaft - but I was thinking something cheaper... I don't really suffer
from vibes so don't really want to go that route just for this.

It's a '03 TJ 6 cyl.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Mike

Mike
NY / Long Island
'03 Wrangler X - Freedom Edition

Old June 5th 06, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hi Mike,
Shift lever is now hitting the floor boards, adjust the linkage, or
lengthen the hole.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 6th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

It's no biggie to adjust the linkage. Take a peek under the Jeep, look at
the linkage and you should be able to figure it out.

Old June 6th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yup, makes me wonder if it's up on stilts.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/