where is the Vapor management valve on a 96 Mustang GT?

Old May 15th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default where is the Vapor management valve on a 96 Mustang GT?

Check engine light come on, OBD code read P1443... all in all I need to check/replace the Vapor management valve and am unsure as to where to find it. Aslo if I need to replace it where can I buy one?

Thanks, -uncwrath

--
uncwrath

View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-414697.html

Send from http://www.carstalk.net

Old May 15th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article >, uncwrath wrote:

> Check engine light come on, OBD code read P1443... all in all I need to check/replace the Vapor management valve and am unsure as to where to find it. Aslo if I need to replace it where can I buy one?

Evap purge valve?

It should be in the corner near the firewall on the passenger side under
the hood.

Old May 15th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

"uncwrath" > wrote in message

> Check engine light come on, OBD code read P1443... all in all I need to

check/replace the Vapor management valve and am unsure as to where to find
it. Aslo if I need to replace it where can I buy one?

> Thanks, -uncwrath
>

> --
> uncwrath

> View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-414697.html
>
> Send from http://www.carstalk.net

Ah yes I'm familiar with the bastrad..............went a year trying to
track down the cause of that code. the valve is located right behind your
throttle body set in 3/8 rubber tubing that leeds to your canister puge
valve which is hanging inline with the tubing by the passenger side inner
fender. You can buy the part from www.rockauto.com
Dave

PS if you need I can send ya a digital photo