134a Refrigerant

Old June 29th 05, 03:24 PM
Earle Horton

Steve isn't getting enough. I have seen the symptoms before, but thank God
never experienced them. I don't know why the rest of you boys insist on
playing with him.

Earle

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
. ..

Well, let's all line up to kiss his ass! I've dealt with
enough millionaires to know that they can be losers
too... this one sounds like a prime example of an
asshole, albeit a rich asshole. Notice who hangs
around these types... draws 'em like flies.
__
Steve
..

Old June 29th 05, 08:27 PM
Billy Ray

It occurs to me that every time Clinton was caught in a new scandal that he
would attack some foreign power. In at least one case he made a feeble
strike at bin Laden. If he would have followed through perhaps 911 would
never of happened.

It really doesn't matter if Sadaam had WMD or not. He has used them in the
past against both his own people and neighboring countries. He 13 years
later claimed he had no weapons but was unable to provide ANY documentation
of their disposition or disposal. He continued to impede the weapons
inspectors in violation of his surrender agreement after the first gulf war.

He was an actual threat to the stability of the mid-east region and since
such a large percentage of the world's energy resources come from there the
entire industrialized world had national interests in regional stability.
(Yes, the evil oil companies are the problem..... "War for Oil"..)

The continuing problems are not from "insurgents" but from TERRORISTS who
are more than happy to continue killing their own citizens who are trying to
reform their own government that wants to provide freedom for all, not just
Sadaam's supporters..

If I were in charge I would not treat these terrorists so kindly, I would
follow the Israeli model of reprisal. If your village hosts a terrorist
cell that attacks me, I'd wipe out the entire village and then boast proudly
about it. Do I fell sorry for the "innocents" in these terrorist villages?
NO, if you food, clothe, and house a terrorist then you are a terrorist no
matter if you are male, female, 8 or 80.

Had you served in Vietnam you would know that the slopes (err... communist
citizens of Vietnam) would just as likely send their children to beg for
candy carrying grenades as look at you and the ARVN (south Vietnamese army)
was so full of Vietcong that when you ferried them anywhere you had to cover
them with your miniguns to prevent them from rolling a grenade back at you.
But we digress.

I think the problem is that we are too easy-going on these Iraqi TERRORISTS.
No one $crews with the Russian "Peacekeepers" because they know the soviet
method of pacification is to kill all the terrorists, all of their family
members, and everyone they ever met. Brutal, but it works.... as hard as it
is for me to say anything nice about the russkies.

To paint all "happily married", "attentive husband and fathers", "active
church members", and "scout leaders" as psychopathic killers is a bit
overblown and simplistic even for the far left fringe. You conveniently
forget that the "god fearing", "active church boys", demanding freedom died
to provide the freedoms you enjoy. The saying goes.. "Freedom isn't free."

I don't really resemble Dennis Rader all that much, while my hair is rapidly
turning white I still have a full head of hair. I'm not happily married, my
wife ran off with *one* of her boyfriends leaving me a single parent. I did
study for the priesthood which surprises many of the people who find out,
and I was a church based scout leader. I have also vote in all the
elections since I turned 21 and give money to most of the village charities.
My parents got us started years ago with Habitat for Humanity (a favorite of
Jimmy Carter).

I guess I do have all the qualifications to be considered a member of the
"Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy" although I am not a registered republican. I
vote independent.... I vote for the best man. Actually I vote for the man
that I think will screw things up the least. Usually that man is a
republican but not always...

I am proud that I am the 13th generation of soldiers in the family. My
father fought in two wars, I fought in one and a collection of "military
actions" and don't complain that I will walk with a limp the rest of my
life. My nephew is proudly serving as a combat engineer in Iraq. My family
has protected the citizenry of their areas back at least to 1625 in Europe
and in north America before this country war born by fighting for the
British in the French and Indian war.

It really bunches my shorts when a panty-waste complains about how his
freedom is provided. You want to complain? Pick up a rifle and join me
walking the wire. After they dig out a load of shrapnel you can complain all
you want and I'll support you. Till then SHUT THE F%&K UP!

billy ray, american

"Billy Ray" > wrote in message
>I wrote:
> "Billy Ray" > wrote :
>> > Perhaps I am showing my age or reflecting on the "knowledge" based
>> > education I received in the pre-(wacko) environmentalist days by
>> > teachers
>> > who taught for the love of teaching and the sacred duty of passing
>> > education to the youth of our civilization and not the current
>> > generation
>> > of mal-content, long haired ,pinko, commie, liberal, tree hugging,
>> > volvo
>> > driving, teddy kennedy-eugene mccarthy- jimmy carter-clinton voting,
>> > perverts who went into teaching because it offered an automatic
>> > exemption
>> > from national service during the Vietnam war.

>> You're a *real* poopie-head... talk to your NeoCon buddies
>> about *exemptions*... cowards all. George Will, Pat Buchannan,
>> Bill O'Reilly, Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, Bill Kristol, Rush Limbaugh,
>> Phil Gramm, Clarence Thomas, Newt Gingrich, Saxby Chambliss,
>> Bill Bennett, Ken Starr, Judd Gregg, John Ashcroft, Tom Delay...
>> Dick Cheney... deferred. Chickenhawks, we call them.

> I find it odd that Democrats are suddenly so very interested in the
> particulars of military service. They didn't seem to care during Clinton's
> electoral process.

Whimpering noted! Clinton didn't commit the country
to *war*, on trumped-up evidence... that's the '-hawk'
part of 'chickenhawk'. Impressive list, isn't it?

>> Let's talk for a minute about your buddy, Dennis Rader...
>> model citizen, though just like you, voted just like you,
>> looked just like you... the sickest f*ck out there. He's
>> your buddy... you deserve him.

You're not going to defend your *buddy*? He certainly
wasn't a "mal-content, long haired ,pinko, commie, liberal,
tree hugging, volvo-driving, teddy kennedy-eugene mccarthy-
jimmy carter-clinton voting, pervert(s)"... he was of the
much more dangerous kind, a RW wacko... like McVey
or Koresh. Strange how excesses on the Left are never
quite as awe-inspiring as those on the Right... Clinton's
pecker vs. Iraq, basically.
__
Steve
..

Old June 29th 05, 08:49 PM
Billy Ray

Thanks for the link Doug. I like the sound of that Usenet group based on
the description at http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.07/alt.pave.html

In actuality there are more trees in north America now than there were in
1900. This is because the lumber companies almost a century ago started
planting more trees than they cut down.

I am not really as hard line as I sound sometimes.... although my brother
tells everyone I think that Richard Nixon was a liberal.....

I was very testy with Stephen in an earlier post. It must be the hot and
humid weather. Note: science has shown that climate changes are a totally
natural event that have happened constantly in the recorded (in rock and
ice) history of the planet.

I believe there is something to the theory of the "greenhouse effect" but I
do not believe it is anywhere as serious as the wacko environmentalists
would want you to believe. I personally believe they would garner more
support if they offered the truth instead of exaggeration.

It is interesting to note that when Al Gore's advisor on global warming
admitted that some of his original conclusions were based on improper
assumptions that no change was made in Gore's environmental platform.

<sigh> Perhaps I am a Neanderthal. My last 6 vehicles have been sports cars
or SUVs.... I wanted them, I could afford them, so I bought them....

Perhaps my next jeep will be powered by a hydrogen fuel cell. When I was in
college we were taught that a vehicle that expelled only water and carbon
dioxide was non-polluting....

Old June 29th 05, 08:52 PM
Billy Ray

I'll agree that those theories were probably taught in grade school when I
was a youth. I see from the web address it is now a college course at
Georgia State University.

> DIFFUSION.
>
> Here is a grade school level page on the subject:
> http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...ic/diffus.html

..

Old June 29th 05, 08:59 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

So you have our thunder storm clouds reaching the height of the
ozone, now?
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 29th 05, 10:00 PM
Earle Horton

Wow. Don't forget the taxpayers who made it all possible, even as far back
as 1625. I'll bet Stevie isn't one of those either. You should do some
research though, and see who popularized the "wipe out a whole village"
tactic. The Israelis did not invent it. In fact, I remember it being used
to justify 911...

Earle

Old June 29th 05, 10:04 PM
jeff

Twist/Twist/Twist..... You sure like to grasp at straws don't you.

The troposphere extends to between 5 and 9 miles up. Above that is the
stratosphere which extends to about 30 miles or so. FWIW, ozone forms at
about the mid point, say 20 miles up or so. My point was that tropical
cumulonimbus formations can easily extend upward of 8 to 9 miles, which
is reaching the stratosphere. Also, they routinely carry heavy
hailstones. If they can carry three pound ice balls, they are certainly
not going to have any problem with CFCs. In case you are counting, ice
has a specific gravity about 400 times that of air, and about 100 times
that of dichlordiflouromethane. Isn't it amazing how the wind can carry
ice, water, and all manner of debris and particulate matter, hundreds of
times denser than air, but freon is going to drop like a rock because
"it's heavier than air". It doesn't wash.

--
jeff

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III got tired of beating his strawman and wrote:
> So you have our thunder storm clouds reaching the height of the
> ozone, now?

<That is not what I said and you God-Damned well know it>

Old June 29th 05, 10:55 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You still haven't made the connection between Chlorofluorocarbons
and the ozone, like how does heavier than air rise to that height?
Except by some bleeding heart liberal theory designed solely to suck
government grant's tax payer money. Even the common layman can see it
has no bases in fact! It is pure unadulterated bullsh*t! And you're a
loser if can be lead by false statements!
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 29th 05, 11:14 PM
DougW

Billy Ray did pass the time by typing:
> Thanks for the link Doug. I like the sound of that Usenet group based on
> the description at http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.07/alt.pave.html
>
> In actuality there are more trees in north America now than there were in
> 1900. This is because the lumber companies almost a century ago started
> planting more trees than they cut down.

True, but they mostly plant quick growth pine, not slow growth. Which is a
bit misleading.

> I am not really as hard line as I sound sometimes.... although my brother
> tells everyone I think that Richard Nixon was a liberal.....

He wasn't? With the laws at least.

> I was very testy with Stephen in an earlier post. It must be the hot and
> humid weather. Note: science has shown that climate changes are a totally
> natural event that have happened constantly in the recorded (in rock and
> ice) history of the planet.

The earth will be here long after the human population has gone extinct.
Recorded history amounts to nothing compared to the overall age of this
dirtball.

> I believe there is something to the theory of the "greenhouse effect" but I
> do not believe it is anywhere as serious as the wacko environmentalists
> would want you to believe. I personally believe they would garner more
> support if they offered the truth instead of exaggeration.

Yep. They think too short term without taking into account the geological
record. But then

> It is interesting to note that when Al Gore's advisor on global warming
> admitted that some of his original conclusions were based on improper
> assumptions that no change was made in Gore's environmental platform.

Yes, I thought that was interesting as well.

> <sigh> Perhaps I am a Neanderthal. My last 6 vehicles have been sports cars
> or SUVs.... I wanted them, I could afford them, so I bought them....

Same here, but I got rid of a 9mpg smog bomb of a truck and got the ZJ.

> Perhaps my next jeep will be powered by a hydrogen fuel cell. When I was in
> college we were taught that a vehicle that expelled only water and carbon
> dioxide was non-polluting....

If there are enough plants, that's true.

I have my 10 speed bike. Unfortunately with this weather the indoor
pollution when I get to work makes it more of an environmental hazard
than the ZJ.

--
DougW

Old June 30th 05, 01:00 AM
Billy Ray

>> In actuality there are more trees in north America now than there were in
>> 1900. This is because the lumber companies almost a century ago started
>> planting more trees than they cut down.

> True, but they mostly plant quick growth pine, not slow growth. Which is a
> bit misleading.

I am, in actuality, a supporter of conservation. I live in a small village
that is in the center of the largest park in the area. The village fathers
early in the century set it up so no additional "development" could take
place.

>> I am not really as hard line as I sound sometimes.... although my brother
>> tells everyone I think that Richard Nixon was a liberal.....

> He wasn't? With the laws at least.

I don't think anyone envisioned the inmates taking control of the asylum
when the EPA was set up.

>> I was very testy with Stephen in an earlier post. It must be the hot and
>> humid weather. Note: science has shown that climate changes are a
>> totally
>> natural event that have happened constantly in the recorded (in rock and
>> ice) history of the planet.

> The earth will be here long after the human population has gone extinct.
> Recorded history amounts to nothing compared to the overall age of this
> dirtball.

I never cease to be amazed at the number of people that think we have the
ability to destroy the planet even if we tried. We may well wipe ourselves
out but the earth will continue, and heal itself.

>> I believe there is something to the theory of the "greenhouse effect" but
>> do not believe it is anywhere as serious as the wacko environmentalists
>> would want you to believe. I personally believe they would garner more
>> support if they offered the truth instead of exaggeration.

> Yep. They think too short term without taking into account the geological
> record. But then
>
>> It is interesting to note that when Al Gore's advisor on global warming
>> admitted that some of his original conclusions were based on improper
>> assumptions that no change was made in Gore's environmental platform.

> Yes, I thought that was interesting as well.
>
>> <sigh> Perhaps I am a Neanderthal. My last 6 vehicles have been sports
>> cars
>> or SUVs.... I wanted them, I could afford them, so I bought them....

> Same here, but I got rid of a 9mpg smog bomb of a truck and got the ZJ.
>
>> Perhaps my next jeep will be powered by a hydrogen fuel cell. When I was
>> in
>> college we were taught that a vehicle that expelled only water and carbon
>> dioxide was non-polluting....

> If there are enough plants, that's true.
>
> I have my 10 speed bike. Unfortunately with this weather the indoor
> pollution when I get to work makes it more of an environmental hazard
> than the ZJ.

I occasionally will ride my bike around the relatively flat areas of the
park (about 45 minutes) but I wouldn't even consider it in this weather.

I used to be amused when the Greenpeace terrorists would put on a show at
the local school. They would tell the children about the evils of slash and
burn farming in south America and how many acres are rendered useless every
year. It took a while, and lots of photos, to convince my younger daughter
that the second you stop pushing back the jungle it comes roaring back.

It also seems interesting that we (the civilized world) have the audacity to
tell a 3rd world country that they cannot do the exact same thing we did
half a a century ago to improve our standard of living.