2005 Saturn Vue

Old March 5th 05, 04:53 AM
Jacques

Default 2005 Saturn Vue

I'm thiking about buying a midsize SUV to pull my boat (2700 lb with
trailer). I see a lot of Jeep Libertys, Ford Escapes, etc., with a trailer
hitch but never Saturn Vues. Anybody with experience using a Vue with a
hitch pulling around 3000 lb? Thanks. jrf

Old March 5th 05, 04:01 PM
The Real Tom

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:53:33 -0500, "Jacques" >
wrote:

>I'm thiking about buying a midsize SUV to pull my boat (2700 lb with
>trailer). I see a lot of Jeep Libertys, Ford Escapes, etc., with a trailer
>hitch but never Saturn Vues. Anybody with experience using a Vue with a
>hitch pulling around 3000 lb? Thanks. jrf

If you haven't bought the vue yet, you want to research it more.
We've seen vue's being advertised by local dealers for 0% interest.
Makes me leary why they have to sell the vehicle so hard.

just thinking out loud.....

tom @ www.ChopURL.com

Old March 5th 05, 07:32 PM
B. Peg

Part of the reason is that everyone else is offering large dollar discounts
and Saturn doesn't budge (often) on the sticker, hence lower interest to
make up for it.

Personally, I cannot stand the inside plastic door panels which look cheap.
That is going to rattle in a few years once the heat molds the plastic into
a form-fitting shape and then the rattles will come (my SL2 seat-belt
adjuster cover panel is driving me crazy!).

Too bad they don't paint the bumpers to match the body, excluding the
Redline model with it's few color picks. Reminds me of the cheaper SL with
black bumpers verses the more expensive SL with the painted ones.

B~

Old March 6th 05, 02:43 AM
marx404

To answer your question, the MAX that a V6 VUE can pull is 2500lbs, and that
is considering total weight including occupants of the car.

If you are pulling 3K lbs, you need to look at a more serious utility type
vehicle.

marx404

Old March 6th 05, 05:31 AM
rufus

I prefer the unpainted ones. There's no paint to get scratched.

Old March 7th 05, 07:13 PM
Scott MacIntyre

I don't have a Vue, but my retired parents ordered theirs with a factory
installed class one hitch on their V6 AWD. I can't tell you how it tows,
because I haven't towed with it, but it seems that at least the V6 Vue has
the factory "OK" to tow.

However, as with any tow vehicle, to me one of the more important factors
with towing anything besides drivetrain/suspension ability is the wheelbase
length. The vehicles you described are NOT midsize SUV's, but the
small/mini size. I personally wouldn't tow anything other than maybe a 4X8
utility trailer for dirt bikes and waverunners, etc with any of the "mini"
SUV's (esp on highways - A nice crosswind will have you fighting and swaying
all over, never-the-less stopping capability). bigger Boats, large pop-ups,
small camping trailers are good for the bigger mid SUV's (blazer, explorers,
Durango). Then you get into the large (Expedition, full size Pick-ups, etc)
for anything else....Just my opinion....

Scott

Old March 8th 05, 06:58 AM
C. E. White

> If you haven't bought the vue yet, you want to research it more.
> We've seen vue's being advertised by local dealers for 0% interest.
> Makes me leary why they have to sell the vehicle so hard.

So what vehicle don't you worry about? Virtually all SUVs (except for high
priced German ones) have rebates and/or special financing.

Regards,

Ed White

Old March 8th 05, 04:35 PM
Perfect Reign

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 20:43:17 -0500, someone posing as marx404 donned
fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:

> To answer your question, the MAX that a V6 VUE can pull is 2500lbs, and that
> is considering total weight including occupants of the car.
>
> If you are pulling 3K lbs, you need to look at a more serious utility type
> vehicle.
>
> marx404

Actually the V6 is rated to 3500lbs.

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/feature...av=510&cat=Spe

However, I am not sure I could see that much being towed behind the car,
because it is so short. Also it is FWD so even the AWD model will mostly be
putting the power to the front wheels.

We have had ours since 1/2 and my wife really likes it. I've driven it a
few times and - except for the smallish size - it feels great and seems
well-built.

Let's not forget, too, that beautiful Honda engine. I'm sure it'll last
longer than the POS Vortec 4300 I had on my Jimmy.

--
kai - - www.perfectreign.com

kai:/> format a:
Error: The DOS concept of formatting disk media is screwed.
To format a floppy, use "fdformat /dev/fd0"
and then "mkfs.minix /dev/fd0".
Old March 9th 05, 04:25 AM
Nada Effinway

Perfect Reign > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 20:43:17 -0500, someone posing as marx404 donned
> fireproof bloomers and chiseled in the wall:
>
>> To answer your question, the MAX that a V6 VUE can pull is 2500lbs,
>> and that is considering total weight including occupants of the car.
>>
>> If you are pulling 3K lbs, you need to look at a more serious utility
>> type vehicle.
>>
>> marx404

> Actually the V6 is rated to 3500lbs.
>
> http://www.saturn.com/saturn/feature...av=510&cat=Spe
>
> However, I am not sure I could see that much being towed behind the
> car, because it is so short. Also it is FWD so even the AWD model will
> mostly be putting the power to the front wheels.
>
> We have had ours since 1/2 and my wife really likes it. I've driven it
> a few times and - except for the smallish size - it feels great and
> seems well-built.
>
> Let's not forget, too, that beautiful Honda engine. I'm sure it'll
> last longer than the POS Vortec 4300 I had on my Jimmy.

Amen on the V6 -- have had mine about a month and only have the following
negative feedback...
1) wish all cars co$t le$$, especially the ones I buy
2) wish all cars got better fuel economy, especially the ones I buy
and
3) my VUE is a "red line" with leather interior and because it handles
fairly well I wish Saturn had put seats with a little more lateral
support into the red line. I don't try to drive it beyond reasonable
limits (except once in a while when all alone) -- but the lateral support
issue surfaces before any concern about suspension & body roll, lack of
feedback thru the wheel, etc.

Saturn Messes Up for 11th Time in a Row!!!! George Saturn 9 August 23rd 04 02:06 AM
2005 Saturn Preview CE Saturn 14 June 5th 04 07:59 PM
from Saturn fan to Saturn Consultant The Espaz Saturn 1 May 18th 04 10:39 PM
HELP: 1993 Saturn SL1 Window Regulator - READ THIS!!! B. Case Saturn 3 May 15th 04 12:56 AM
Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints misterfact Antique cars 0 January 6th 04 07:04 PM