134a Refrigerant

Old June 12th 05, 09:55 PM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message =
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message=20
> >> lol......now THERES something conclusive. <rolling eyes>

>=20
> > They're not!

>=20
> EXACTLY! your links are not conclusive. :-)

Nothing would be, to you... dropout.
=20

bottom

effective

>=20
> > "will be more effective "... that's not conclusive!

>=20
> but the "Refrigerant has a higher specific volume than air, therefore=20
> refrigerants will fall when exposed to atmospheric pressures." =

certainly is!=20

Outdoors?

> > Your HVAC training links are not worthy of consideration...

>=20
> TRANSLATION --> "i have no response because they clearly prove what =

youve=20
> been saying"

Pitiful! 'translation'... just how *much* HS did you=20
actually make it through?
__
Steve
..

Old June 12th 05, 10:53 PM
Dave Milne

Question: At this stage, do you two think you can convince the other ?

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
> >> lol......now THERES something conclusive. <rolling eyes>

> > They're not!

> EXACTLY! your links are not conclusive. :-)

Nothing would be, to you... dropout.

effective

> > "will be more effective "... that's not conclusive!

> but the "Refrigerant has a higher specific volume than air, therefore
> refrigerants will fall when exposed to atmospheric pressures." certainly

is!

Old June 13th 05, 12:44 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Howard Dean, head of the Democratic party, doesn't seem so strange
anymore.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 13th 05, 01:21 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
> What an incredible lack of scientific acumen...

spin all you wish, i proved you wrong and its obvious that it burns. :-)

> They're not lining up to
> support you

heh....its been such easy work that "support" simply isnt required.

> my personal email from this
> little flamefest is going %100 my way.

BUWHAHAHA! the old "my email" ploy. i _knew_ it was only a matter of time
before you resorted that that one. :-)

> Seriously, using a leak-checker manual to debate
> the NOAA.

the NOAA statement is nothing more than "could be's". my link, written by
the very engineers you seem to worship, clearly states that refrigerant
falls due to its weight with no room for doubt. you can pout, cry, whine,
or attempt to spin off the issue as many times as you like but the statement
is absolute and conclusive. here ya go. :-)

from http://www.bacharach-training.com/methods.htm near the bottom under
electronic leak detectors:
"Refrigerant has a higher specific volume than air, therefore refrigerants
will fall when exposed to atmospheric pressures. This means leak detecting
on the bottom sides of the piping or components will be more effective in
detecting a leak and will save you time."

from http://tif.com/manuals/TIFZX1.pdf (operating manual of the electronic
leak detector that i personally use):
"Be aware that refrigerants are invariably heavier than air and will tend to
fall from or collect below actual leak points/sources. Searching below
areas of potential leaks is invariably the most effective and reliable way
of finding such."

:-)

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 13th 05, 01:22 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message
>> but the "Refrigerant has a higher specific volume than air, therefore
>> refrigerants will fall when exposed to atmospheric pressures." certainly
>> is!

>Outdoors?

that statement is absolute. atomic weight does not change being in or out
of doors.

nice try, liberal. :-)

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 13th 05, 01:23 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" > wrote in message
> Howard Dean, head of the Democratic party, doesn't seem so strange
> anymore.

lol aint it the truth!

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://7SlotGrille.com

Old June 13th 05, 01:53 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message =
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message=20
> > What an incredible lack of scientific acumen...

>=20
> spin all you wish, i proved you wrong and its obvious that it burns. =

:-)

You still want to play 'Scientist and Dumbass'... OK..

> > They're not lining up to
> > support you

>=20
> heh....its been such easy work that "support" simply isnt required.

You don't know what mental work is... remember
dropping out?

> > my personal email from this
> > little flamefest is going %100 my way.

>=20
> BUWHAHAHA! the old "my email" ploy. i _knew_ it was only a matter of =

time=20
> before you resorted that that one. :-)

Well?

> > Seriously, using a leak-checker manual to debate
> > the NOAA.

>=20
> the NOAA statement is nothing more than "could be's". my link, =

written by=20
> the very engineers you seem to worship, clearly states that =

refrigerant=20
> falls due to its weight with no room for doubt. you can pout, cry, =

whine,=20
> or attempt to spin off the issue as many times as you like but the =

statement=20
> is absolute and conclusive. here ya go. :-)

http://www.al.noaa.gov/WWWHD/pubdocs/StratO3.html

<>
In the stratosphere, the region of the atmosphere between about 10 and =
50
kilometers (6-30 miles) above the Earth's surface, ozone (O3) plays a =
vital
role by absorbing harmful ultraviolet radiation from the sun. =
Stratospheric
ozone is threatened by some of the human-made gases that have been =
released
into the atmosphere, including those known as chlorofluorocarbons =
(CFCs).
Once widely used as propellants in spray cans, refrigerants, electronics
cleaning agents, and in foam and insulating products, the CFCs had been
hailed as the "wonder chemicals." But the very properties that make them
useful - chemical inertness, non-toxicity, insolubility in water - also =
make
them resistant to removal in the lower atmosphere.
CFCs are mixed worldwide by the large-scale motions of the atmosphere =
and
survive until, after 1-2 years, they reach the stratosphere and are =
broken
down by ultraviolet radiation. The chlorine atoms within them are =
released
and directly attack ozone. In the process of destroying ozone, the =
chlorine
atoms are regenerated and begin to attack other ozone molecules... and =
so
on, for thousands of cycles before the chlorine atoms are removed from =
the
stratosphere by other processes.
</>

When will you respond to this link I've posted thrice now? =20
__
Steve
playing 'Scientist and Dumbass'....
guess who stars as Dumbass...
..

Old June 13th 05, 01:58 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Dave Milne" > wrote in message =
. uk...
> Question: At this stage, do you two think you can convince the other ?
>=20
> Dave Milne, Scotland
> '91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Question: Who do *you* believe, Dave? Remember
the trade winds?

Obviously, there's no convincing going on...
but I'm having fun wiping up the floor.
As long as Nate keeps weebling back up,
I'm punching...
__
Steve

Old June 13th 05, 02:02 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message =
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message=20
> >> but the "Refrigerant has a higher specific volume than air, =

therefore
> >> refrigerants will fall when exposed to atmospheric pressures." =

certainly=20
> >> is!

>=20
> >Outdoors?

>=20
> that statement is absolute. atomic weight does not change being in or =

out=20
> of doors.
>=20
> nice try, liberal. :-)

So, your answer is, hold the probe
directly under the leak, even in the
wind? Why not downwind, human?
__
Steve
: )
..

Old June 13th 05, 02:03 AM
Stephen Cowell

"L.W. (=DFill) Hughes III" > wrote in message =
> Howard Dean, head of the Democratic party, doesn't seem so strange
> anymore.=20

Is he stranger than Jeff Gannon?

: )
__