1998 Cherokee Window Lock

Old August 13th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
[email protected]

Default 1998 Cherokee Window Lock

Recently the power windows can only rolled down by the main driver
panel. None of the other window buttons will roll the windows down on
the other three doors. I am assuming that the window lock switch is
no longer working and has disabled the other window switches. I
cannot seem to find any information on how to by-pass the window lock
button on the main driver panel. Does anyone know which wires on the
bottom harness go to the window lock and if it is possible to by-pass
the window lock since I don't use it anyway? Thanks for your time and
help. Dave

Old August 18th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
98XJ

I had the similar problem my '98 XJ. The solution for me was to get a
(junk yard) replacement wire loom that runs from the driver's door
gang switch, through the door, and to the kick panel.

Jim

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:49:44 -0400, "Commentator"