Dead battery '01 lw300

Old August 16th 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_1_]

Default Dead battery '01 lw300

Well, it finally happened to me. I've read about the L-series and how when
the battery gets weak, you turn the key and don't even get a click. Thought
it would never happen to me but it did and at the worst possible time too.

I was in Vermont last week and found that you could drive nearly all the way
to the summit of Mt. Okemo. The wife and I along with our two cocker
spaniels made the trip and parked near the top where the paved road changes
to a rocky dirt road. It's about another 1/4 mile to the summit by the trail
and I hiked it with the dogs. Wife stayed in the car. I should also note
that the wife has some medical problems and though I didn't think that 3200
feet height would be a problem, it was. In the 20 minutes it took me to kike
to the summit and back, wife had been running the blower - on high - with
the engine off! Needless to say, the battery was dead and the wife nearly so
with purple lips. I was about to roll the car down the hill using the foot
and hand brakes which would have been very scary (no guard rails and several
hundred feet drop on one side of road). Thankfully another car approached
and gave us a jump. As we got down toward the base lodge, wife began to pink
up again and all was well. Whew! Now seriously considering the purchase of
one of those emergency battery packs. Also going to cary a cylinder of
oxygen.

The battery probably was the original in the 2001 LW300 and didn't want to
take any chances even though it otherwise seemed fine. Drove into Rutland
and got a Sears Die Hard (no pun).

Oppie

Old August 16th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
SnoMan

Given how cheap it is to replace a battery these days if you shop
around and the risk of being stranded when they fail, there is no
reason to try to stretch them to the last start. I replace my bateries
every 3 or 4 years even if they are still working.
TheSnoMan.com
Old August 16th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

Wow havent see you around here in a long time Oppie!

Help. replaced dead battery, now engine starts but won't run. tonyw VW water cooled 18 July 31st 06 07:39 AM
Recharging Battery? Nino NoSpam Honda 12 July 10th 06 04:50 PM
2003 Grand Caravan No Speedo or Tach after Dead battery Arthur Dent Dodge 4 July 5th 06 10:14 PM
Battery going dead! Jerry Bransford Jeep 0 January 19th 06 06:45 PM
Dead battery (don't laugh) Nathan Otis Jeep 15 May 11th 05 05:37 AM