99 Jeep Wrangler Battery Gauge

Old August 16th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

Default 99 Jeep Wrangler Battery Gauge

I have a 99 Jeep wrangelr 4cyl 5spd. I have always had those odities
that everyone talks about, the insturment cluster suddenly dying and
then coming back (mine actually comes back if I turn on the right turn
signal). Just yesterday i went to start my jeep after a short stop and
it wouldn't turn over. I played with the battery connections and then
it started up. This happened twice. Then today The "Check Gauges"
light went on and my battery gauge spiked all the way up. It dropped
down a couple of times when I was idle at a light then would spike
again a few minutes later.

Does anyone know what may be causeing this and how to fix it?

I would also like some info about how to fix the other oddities I have.
I know I am not the only one who has been experiencing them.

Jason
Orlando Florida

Help. replaced dead battery, now engine starts but won't run. tonyw VW water cooled 18 July 31st 06 07:39 AM
Recharging Battery? Nino NoSpam Honda 12 July 10th 06 04:50 PM
2004 Jeep Wrangler Sahara "Without a Sahara logo?" Rob Jeep 10 April 27th 06 01:29 AM
Two Questions about 1997 Jeep Wrangler/ Cover & Stereo Upgrade ?? James Jeep 9 April 10th 06 04:52 AM
Warning!! Dangerous design flaw in the 2006 Jeep Wranglers!! Tim 4x4 1 March 4th 06 04:25 PM