Cooling system additive in Ford 7.3 IDI ?

Old December 10th 04, 03:10 PM

Default Cooling system additive in Ford 7.3 IDI ?

I recently puchansed a 1994 Ford F250 IDI non-turbo . The previous
owner
just changed the water pump about 6 months ago and flushed the cooling
system and replaced with ( gold color ) Prestone Extended Life
antifreeze at %50 dilution but didn't add in the any of the cooling
system additive ( called FW16 in the owner's manual ) . Is this OK with
this kind of
antifreeze or do I need to put some in ? - thanks

Old December 11th 04, 11:21 AM
johnH

It's like Lugnut said. .... without the additive cavitation can occur which
is basiclly eating up the block etc.

The test strips are relatively inexpensive, very easy to use and I consider
them cheap insurance for a very expensive engine. The additive is not
terribly expensive either.

Here's a link to where I get mine:
http://www.dieselpage.com/motorfw16.htm

they are a good co. to deal with, and no, I have no affiliation

Hope this helps......

oups.com...