KRETP Extremist Increase Highway Danger

Old December 21st 04, 12:58 PM
Dave Head

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:44:25 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:34:41 GMT,
>(Brent P) wrote:
>
>>My guess is you simply do not notice the problems you are causing behind
>>you. Very little traffic was able sweak by to the right.
>>
>>> I don't create backups, ever. If I
>>> did, I would pull over. But the odd guy that is going faster, a single
>>> instance of someone faster, will have to go around on the right, that's all.

>>My guess is you simply don't notice it. I had to make the effort to
>>notice it. Using my mirror on curves etc to see just how much traffic was
>>quened up behind me. Otherwise I just saw the minivan behind me, and who
>>cares about that driver, he can pass on the right when ever a chance
>>occurs according to you.
>>
>>> Yeah, the way you were doing it _did_ **** everyone else. But as I said, and
>>> people want to ignore, THERE IS ALMOST ALWAYS ROOM ON _MY_ RIGHT to go around.
>>> YOu didn't keep it that way. That's why you're a bad guy and I'm not.

>>I was driving just the way you perscribe. Me first, looking out for
>>number one, making my driving experience as easy and effortless as
>>possible. LLBing does that. I never knew how easy it was to just be an
>>LLB.

>I know this will never happen, but I would love to see a video made
>from his vehicle as he drives. Or, even better, a video made from a
>helicopter hovering above him, so that the full extent of the chaos is
>plainly visible.

No video camera. I only do stills.

>I may try your experiment with a couple of cameras in my car - one
>aimed forward, he other aimed to the rear - and record what happens.
>And I know just the road to do it on, too: Interstate 10 between LA
>and Tucson.

Well, try doing it on a road where there's 1 car for about every 200 - 300
yards. That's mostly the traffic density that I drive in. And don't do it on
the Edens or some other hideously congested road. There's virtually no
opportunity for a backup, because unlike y'all, people just go around on the
right, just like I do when I meet someone else driving left. There's never a
backup, period.

DPH

Old December 21st 04, 04:44 PM
Brent P

In article >, Dave Head wrote:

>>I was driving just the way you perscribe. Me first, looking out for
>>number one, making my driving experience as easy and effortless as
>>possible. LLBing does that. I never knew how easy it was to just be an
>>LLB. No wonder there are so many of them. It's effortless, it's not even
>>driving, it's just being along for the ride. All the effort is passed to
>>other people. No worrying about people merging, everyone passing has to
>>find their way around, etc etc. I drove by your rules for those minutes,
>>my safety, my ease of driving, my everything, me first, **** everyone else.

> No you weren't. I always said that there was almost always room on my right to
> get around. You admit to pacing a truck. You admit to creating a backup. I
> never do that. I _hate_ a line of cars behind me.

I was driving just as you say. 7 over in the far left lane making things
easiest for number one. That's what you've posted several times over. And
what occured is because of the traffic conditions where I drive. The same
thing that will happen anywhere with real traffic. Yet you keep telling
me it wouldn't happen when I knew it would because I've been stuck in
those LLB caused clumps countless times.

Even if you drive in this fantasy world of near empty roads that can
absorb your selfish, me-first-****-everyone-else driving style without
too much trouble it doesn't make it right. People like you do not change
to KRETP when they get into areas with more traffic. They continue to
drive just as they do everywhere else. I am sure if you were on the edens
expressway you'd do 62mph in the left most lane and refuse to move right
for faster just like you do at home.

> I notice all the stuff behind 'cuz I look for cops behind. I look for
> overly-fast traffic approaching from behind too, so's I don't get run over.
> There's nobody behind me. I'm outrunning them all at +7 around here, most of
> the time, except of course for the "rush" when the hyperactive are trying to
> get home. Then I'm only outrunning about 99% of 'em. Hell, nobody caught me
> tonight _in_ the "rush"...

You are "outrunning" everyone at 7 over yet you're consistantly getting
ducklings driving next to you. You can't be outrunning everyone and have
ducklings frequently enough for them to be such a significant factor in
your driving straegy. I've found most LLBs think they are going 'fast
enough' and think they are driving faster than most, so you are no
different here. If you were actually "outrunning" everyone you'd be more
frustrated with LLBs than anyone else in this group. You'd find yourself
blocked by them and the traffic clumps they create.

I don't think anyone else in this group has ever claimed to be outrunning
such a large percentage of other traffic. You'd have to be stuck in LLB
clumps frequently if you were.

If there are so many "ducklings" where you drive, LLB induced clumps
would be commonplace, even in light traffic. It only takes as many
drivers as there are lanes to cause a clump and I've seen them on
otherwise empty interstates. Nobody else for miles around, but the two-three
morons manage to be right next to each other.

Old December 21st 04, 04:44 PM
Brent P

Old December 21st 04, 04:52 PM
Brent P

In article >, Dave Head wrote:

> Well, try doing it on a road where there's 1 car for about every 200 - 300
> yards. That's mostly the traffic density that I drive in. And don't do it on
> the Edens or some other hideously congested road. There's virtually no
> opportunity for a backup, because unlike y'all, people just go around on the
> right, just like I do when I meet someone else driving left. There's never a
> backup, period.

I believe you simply are unaware of the problems you cause or are just
lying. Because your reasons for cruising in the left lane counter your
claims of light traffic conditions.

If traffic is that light there should be no problem driving in the right
lane. What you say simply doesn't compute. You excuse your
me-first-****-you LLBing with 'the traffic is light everyone else can go
around'. Yet you argue against driving to the right because traffic is too
heavy for you to easily move into the left lane to pass slow moving trucks.
You argue for your LLBing because it makes things easy for you. You have
these problems with ducklings,etc. You seem to have all the problems of
at least significant traffic. It simply cannot be both.

Old December 21st 04, 04:52 PM
Brent P

Old December 21st 04, 11:47 PM
Arif Khokar

Brent P wrote:

> In article >, Dave Head wrote:

>>Well, try doing it on a road where there's 1 car for about every 200 - 300
>>yards. That's mostly the traffic density that I drive in.

> I believe you simply are unaware of the problems you cause or are just
> lying. Because your reasons for cruising in the left lane counter your
> claims of light traffic conditions.

I believe he is lying. I originally was under the impression that he
drove in higher density traffic than I did. I drive under similar
conditions and KRETP is very easy to do. This and the fact that he
claims that he goes faster than everyone else yet still has problems
with ducklings that slowly gain on him makes what little credibility he
has suspect.
Old December 21st 04, 11:47 PM
Arif Khokar

Old December 22nd 04, 03:23 AM
Dave Head

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:44:06 GMT, (Brent P)
wrote:

>In article >, Dave Head wrote:
>
>>>I was driving just the way you perscribe. Me first, looking out for
>>>number one, making my driving experience as easy and effortless as
>>>possible. LLBing does that. I never knew how easy it was to just be an
>>>LLB. No wonder there are so many of them. It's effortless, it's not even
>>>driving, it's just being along for the ride. All the effort is passed to
>>>other people. No worrying about people merging, everyone passing has to
>>>find their way around, etc etc. I drove by your rules for those minutes,
>>>my safety, my ease of driving, my everything, me first, **** everyone else.

>> No you weren't. I always said that there was almost always room on my right to
>> get around. You admit to pacing a truck. You admit to creating a backup. I
>> never do that. I _hate_ a line of cars behind me.

>I was driving just as you say. 7 over in the far left lane making things
>easiest for number one.

7 over is fine for Rt. 3 east of Fredericksburg. Elsewhere might require more
speed. I sometimes touch 80 on I-81, just to keep from getting run over by the
trucks - either lane.

I'm generally faster than everyone else. Around here requires about 7 to do
it. Elsewhere might require more than that.

>That's what you've posted several times over. And
>what occured is because of the traffic conditions where I drive. The same
>thing that will happen anywhere with real traffic. Yet you keep telling
>me it wouldn't happen when I knew it would because I've been stuck in
>those LLB caused clumps countless times.

I don't cause clumps anywhere. If you drive in the left lane and cause clumps,
then you're not doing it like I do it.

>Even if you drive in this fantasy world of near empty roads that can
>absorb your selfish, me-first-****-everyone-else driving style without
>too much trouble it doesn't make it right. People like you do not change
>to KRETP when they get into areas with more traffic. They continue to
>drive just as they do everywhere else. I am sure if you were on the edens
>expressway you'd do 62mph in the left most lane and refuse to move right
>for faster just like you do at home.

Can't say about edens - but I was on the Cross County a couple - three years
ago and... I really can't remember where I drove it. I'm sure there was no
backup, tho...

>> I notice all the stuff behind 'cuz I look for cops behind. I look for
>> overly-fast traffic approaching from behind too, so's I don't get run over.
>> There's nobody behind me. I'm outrunning them all at +7 around here, most of
>> the time, except of course for the "rush" when the hyperactive are trying to
>> get home. Then I'm only outrunning about 99% of 'em. Hell, nobody caught me
>> tonight _in_ the "rush"...

>You are "outrunning" everyone at 7 over yet you're consistantly getting
>ducklings driving next to you. You can't be outrunning everyone and have
>ducklings frequently enough for them to be such a significant factor in
>your driving straegy. I've found most LLBs think they are going 'fast
>enough' and think they are driving faster than most, so you are no
>different here. If you were actually "outrunning" everyone you'd be more
>frustrated with LLBs than anyone else in this group. You'd find yourself
>blocked by them and the traffic clumps they create.

I consistently outrun about 99% of 'em, in the time-frames other than during
the drive home. During those times, I sometimes find others coming up on me,
and some of 'em decide to drive on my rear bumper, either side, or sometimes
tailgate. Most of the time, its not a problem. Still, I don't see a profit in
constantly switching left-right-left-right-left-right all the time to pass the
10 - 15 cars I usually pass on the way. Plus, I still have no desire to be in
the right lane anytime due to the previously mentioned pedestrians / bikes /
cars turning off / cars turning on / and generally slow nose-pickers.

>I don't think anyone else in this group has ever claimed to be outrunning
>such a large percentage of other traffic. You'd have to be stuck in LLB
>clumps frequently if you were.
>
>If there are so many "ducklings" where you drive, LLB induced clumps
>would be commonplace, even in light traffic. It only takes as many
>drivers as there are lanes to cause a clump and I've seen them on
>otherwise empty interstates. Nobody else for miles around, but the two-three
>morons manage to be right next to each other.

The traffic seems to be lighter lately. There seems to have been more clumps
about 6 months ago. Of course, that was summer and this _is_ somewhat of a
tourist area, with a Civil War theme.

Did see a duckling tonight, tho - he was harrassing some people ahead of me.
Caught a guy and took something like 3 minutes to get around him... then
assumed a faster speed until he met the next car in the right lane, and took
about 3 minutes to get around him, too. By that time I had caught him, and my
presence added an extra incentive for him to continue. Anyway the guy wasn't
much of a problem to me, but I was going faster than all 3 of them, and still
just 7 over.

DPH
Old December 22nd 04, 03:23 AM
Dave Head

Old December 22nd 04, 03:29 AM
Dave Head

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:47:27 GMT, Arif Khokar > wrote:

>Brent P wrote:
>
>> In article >, Dave Head wrote:

>>>Well, try doing it on a road where there's 1 car for about every 200 - 300
>>>yards. That's mostly the traffic density that I drive in.

>> I believe you simply are unaware of the problems you cause or are just
>> lying. Because your reasons for cruising in the left lane counter your
>> claims of light traffic conditions.

>I believe he is lying. I originally was under the impression that he
>drove in higher density traffic than I did. I drive under similar
>conditions and KRETP is very easy to do. This and the fact that he
>claims that he goes faster than everyone else yet still has problems
>with ducklings that slowly gain on him makes what little credibility he
>has suspect.

One more time.

I am generally faster than everything else at time other than the drive home.

During the drive home, I can pick up a duck or two.

Also, thinking about it just now, while answering another post, I believe that
just lately, there's considerably less traffic than in the recent past. I
think it may have something to do with fewer tourists. Maybe it has to do with
the fact that its dark, and it wasn't just a few months ago. Dunno.

And, at no time do I have any desire to be found in the right lane where the
joggers / pedestrians / bicyclists / cars turning off / cars turning on / cars
maybe sliding out into the road when its slick / etc. can also be found.
THere's lots less of this sort of "debris" in the left lane.

DPH