KRETP Extremist Increase Highway Danger

Old December 20th 04, 02:45 AM
Brent P

In article >, Dave Head wrote:

> Wouldn't mean a thing. If I encountered someone driving like me but slower, I
> would simply pass 'em on the right. There would be room on the right because
> _I_ make sure there is room on _my_ right to do it, unless of course there's
> too much traffic, in which case I'm passing them all anyway, and somebody's
> just gonna hafta wait...

You don't drive in real traffic. I decided to slow down for a couple
LLBs today. In other words, out LLB them once I got around them. they
were rather unhappy campers. See, in real traffic getting around on the
right is more difficult, requires attention, etc etc. LLBs such as
yourself are lazy drivers by nature.

I also tried doing 7 over in the left lane of the edens today. Clear road
in front of me. A back up I couldn't see the end of behind me. This took
less than 5 minutes to form. The LLB I had gotten around just before I
said to myself, 'f'it I'm gonna try this' was right up on my ass. But I
didn't budge. Eventually the right most lane opened up and this mini van
driver had to do what many an LLB has forced me to do over the years,
double lane change to the right to get around.

It's a real lazy form of driving LLBing. Totally me first, **** everyone
else. Unlike driving slowly in the right lane I didn't have to watch my
mirrors much as enough other traffic quickly stacked up behind me unable
to pass that it became a cusion. It really does effectively pass the
entire task of driving on to other people. And I did something I haven't
done before. When the cell phone rang, I actually engaged in a
conversation. It was doable, because everybody else had to avoid me. I
had clear road in front of me. Nothing to hit, nobody to cut me off. they
were all behind me. I was next to a semi at this point so there was no
way anyone was getting around. I did feel guilty about it, but it's in
the name of science.

Old December 20th 04, 02:58 AM
Dave Head

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 02:45:35 GMT, (Brent P)
wrote:

>In article >, Dave Head wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't mean a thing. If I encountered someone driving like me but slower, I
>> would simply pass 'em on the right. There would be room on the right because
>> _I_ make sure there is room on _my_ right to do it, unless of course there's
>> too much traffic, in which case I'm passing them all anyway, and somebody's
>> just gonna hafta wait...

>You don't drive in real traffic. I decided to slow down for a couple
>LLBs today. In other words, out LLB them once I got around them. they
>were rather unhappy campers. See, in real traffic getting around on the
>right is more difficult, requires attention, etc etc. LLBs such as
>yourself are lazy drivers by nature.
>
>I also tried doing 7 over in the left lane of the edens today. Clear road
>in front of me. A back up I couldn't see the end of behind me. This took
>less than 5 minutes to form. The LLB I had gotten around just before I
>said to myself, 'f'it I'm gonna try this' was right up on my ass. But I
>didn't budge. Eventually the right most lane opened up and this mini van
>driver had to do what many an LLB has forced me to do over the years,
>double lane change to the right to get around.
>
>It's a real lazy form of driving LLBing. Totally me first, **** everyone
>else. Unlike driving slowly in the right lane I didn't have to watch my
>mirrors much as enough other traffic quickly stacked up behind me unable
>to pass that it became a cusion. It really does effectively pass the
>entire task of driving on to other people. And I did something I haven't
>done before. When the cell phone rang, I actually engaged in a
>conversation. It was doable, because everybody else had to avoid me. I
>had clear road in front of me. Nothing to hit, nobody to cut me off. they
>were all behind me. I was next to a semi at this point so there was no
>way anyone was getting around. I did feel guilty about it, but it's in
>the name of science.

Okay, you were driving too slowly. Around here, at +7, I pass _everything_, or
at least don't get caught by anything. I don't create backups, ever. If I
did, I would pull over. But the odd guy that is going faster, a single
instance of someone faster, will have to go around on the right, that's all.

I've even got over when in the left lane of I-95 - when I'm doing 78 and still
get caught - by someone going faster, with lotsa someone elses going faster,
but I-95 ain't Rt 3. On Rt 3, +7 gets you passing everybody, at least at all
times other than the "rush" which is a miniscule rush, for sure, but people
drive faster going home from work. This is when I get the lone guy doing +15
that actually catches me. He's just gonna hafta go around on the right. Or,
if he wants to be a hardhead, he can just "follow me all the way to Texas."

Yeah, the way you were doing it _did_ **** everyone else. But as I said, and
people want to ignore, THERE IS ALMOST ALWAYS ROOM ON _MY_ RIGHT to go around.
YOu didn't keep it that way. That's why you're a bad guy and I'm not.

DPH
Old December 20th 04, 02:58 AM
Dave Head

Old December 20th 04, 04:58 AM
Arif Khokar

Dave Head wrote:

> Okay, you were driving too slowly. Around here, at +7, I pass _everything_, or
> at least don't get caught by anything.

Then you're an outright liar. Either you have a problem with ducklings,
or you're driving faster than everyone. You can't have both since those
are mutually exclusive.

1. If you truly are driving faster than virtually everyone else, then
KRETP for a lazy driver such as yourself should be a non issue becase
you won't encounter any duckings (who slowly catch up to you).

or

2. If you truly have problems with ducklings, then you're not driving
faster than everyone else and you're blocking the passing lane for
faster traffic.

Old December 20th 04, 04:58 AM
Arif Khokar

Old December 20th 04, 11:24 AM
Dave Head

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 04:58:08 GMT, Arif Khokar > wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:
>
>> Okay, you were driving too slowly. Around here, at +7, I pass _everything_, or
>> at least don't get caught by anything.

>Then you're an outright liar. Either you have a problem with ducklings,
>or you're driving faster than everyone. You can't have both since those
>are mutually exclusive.
>
>1. If you truly are driving faster than virtually everyone else, then
>KRETP for a lazy driver such as yourself should be a non issue becase
>you won't encounter any duckings (who slowly catch up to you).
>
>or
>
>2. If you truly have problems with ducklings, then you're not driving
>faster than everyone else and you're blocking the passing lane for
>faster traffic.

I haven't been caught for the past 3 nights when driving into town.

I _said_ that during the "rush" hour, I do have a problem not quite being the
fastest one on the road - people drive faster going home from work, while I'm
still doing +7. This is the time that I'll pick up a duck sometimes.

You can get all sideways about the "passing lane" all you want to, but around
here, traffic is relatively light most of the time, and people pass on either
side, without a problem, about any time. Either lane is the "passing" lane if
you decide to use it that way.

Meanwhile, the damn joggers and bicyclists and people pulling out into the road
without looking or (maybe this morning) sliding out into the road, etc. are
going to be mostly doing it in the right lane,where I'm not going to be.

DPH

Old December 20th 04, 11:24 AM
Dave Head

Old December 20th 04, 05:24 PM
Big Bill

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:49:57 GMT, Dave Head > wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 19:41:37 GMT, Arif Khokar > wrote:
>
>>Dave Head wrote:

>>> 'Cuz I'm in Virginia,

>>Why do you harping that reason when you know it not to be true?

>But I believe it is absolutely true. Its the laws here.
>
>DPH

I don't understand.
How do the laws make you have problems with ducklings?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 20th 04, 05:24 PM
Big Bill

Old December 20th 04, 08:23 PM
223rem

Dave Head wrote:

> Or the right lane if I'm driving there, or the center lane if I'm driving
> there...
>
> Your definition of blocking fails to be significant because people can still
> get by.

No. I dont feel safe passing an LLB on the right.

Why? Correctly setting and watching the right side mirror takes
somewhat more skill and attention than watching the left mirror. And given
that most LLBs are clueless, oblivious slowpokes I'm not exactly
full of confidence that they're not about to change lanes
when I'm passing them.

So no, you leaving the right lane open for passing traffic
is not the same as leaving the left lane open. How can you fail
to see that?!