save on gas big time and it is FREE

Old June 4th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dori A Schmetterling[_2_]

Default save on gas big time and it is FREE

Good question. There were limits on what you could charge and the sums were
fixed (limited) by the car-sharing organizers. The concept that the money
was a contribution to your fuel only, IIRC. So one could not actually run a
business on it.

Can't remember the insurance implications, before someone asks.

I found this as an example for the present:

http://www.freewheelers.com/about.php

Another concept that has started (maybe in US as well?) is car-use sharing.
A club owns a fleet of cars and has the right to park them in various areas
in a district. Club members use the cars when required. There is at least
one of these in London.

Seems a mix of taxi and car-hire service. Probably wouldn't work for
everybody but clearly works for enough to permit viable (AFAIK) operation.

DAS
---
[...]

Old June 4th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dipstick

So far, the computer says 23.7 for this tank. I'll fill up in a day
or two and calculate it.

Old June 4th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Robert Reynolds

Old June 5th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dipstick

Yes. I've averaged 25.0 for 7000 miles. The car is a 2006 Grand Prix
GT. Traffic flow, construction, wind/weather, etc. are going to make
more difference than max speed at least in the short term. I'm also
using the A/C now whereas not much of the initial 7000 miles required
it. On the positive side, I have added a gorgeous, sweet, young lady
rider and the 55 speed gives us more time to get to know each
other :-) If you have to carpool, that is definitely the way to do
it.

Old June 5th 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Robert Reynolds

Dipstick wrote:
> So far, the computer says 23.7 for this tank. I'll fill up in a day
> or two and calculate it.

That's worse than what you were getting before, isn't it?

Track and manage ALL of your finances and save time doing it. Professional Wealth management services. General User Alfa Romeo 0 September 17th 06 03:18 AM
Cost of cheap rebuilds - how to save $50 and spend $1400 at the same time Ted Mittelstaedt Chrysler 12 September 11th 05 05:51 PM
JETTA GLS WAGON 2002 2.0 SAVE Warranty FREE SHIP ? VW water cooled 0 June 15th 05 05:49 PM
save so much time CJ 4x4 1 May 18th 05 02:06 AM
Proper Engine Lubrication / Oil Additives,use XCT-14Z its free for a limited time!!!!!!!!!!! [email protected] Technology 2 January 21st 05 12:22 AM