save on gas big time and it is FREE

Old May 23rd 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

Default save on gas big time and it is FREE

we all can save a ton on gas just by slowing down our speeds
milage ratings is done at 55 not 70 mph ,80 mph or 90 mph that everyone
does on the freeway even on regular roads slow down and save 20 percent
on gas COST TO YOU NOTHING!!!1

Old May 23rd 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

philthy > writes:

> we all can save a ton on gas just by slowing down our speeds
> milage ratings is done at 55 not 70 mph ,80 mph or 90 mph that everyone
> does on the freeway even on regular roads slow down and save 20 percent
> on gas COST TO YOU NOTHING!!!1

Except time. Lots and lots of time.

Old May 24th 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

"Joe Pfeiffer" > wrote in message
> philthy > writes:
>
>> we all can save a ton on gas just by slowing down our speeds
>> milage ratings is done at 55 not 70 mph ,80 mph or 90 mph that everyone
>> does on the freeway even on regular roads slow down and save 20 percent
>> on gas COST TO YOU NOTHING!!!1

> Except time. Lots and lots of time.

You can save even more gas by carpooling. Doesn't waste any time, and
doubles your gas mileage just by adding one extra person who would
otherwise have used his car.

Let's stick it to the greedy oil companies! Take 4 or 5 people with you to
work!!! Forward this to everybody you know !!!!!!!!!

Old May 24th 07, 07:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

"Joe" > writes:

> You can save even more gas by carpooling. Doesn't waste any time, and
> doubles your gas mileage just by adding one extra person who would
> otherwise have used his car.

Carpooling is only a "no-time" option if you're living with the person
you're carpooling with. And you need to be at work at the exact same
time they do. My wife and I don't even meet that second requirement
(even though I'm a professor and she's a grad student in the same
department at the same university).

> Let's stick it to the greedy oil companies! Take 4 or 5 people with you to
> work!!! Forward this to everybody you know !!!!!!!!!

When I see that last exclamation, I've got a pretty good clue I don't
want to send the message to *anyone* I know, since the next package I
received from them would likely be ticking.
Old May 24th 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Joe Pfeiffer" > wrote in message
> "Joe" > writes:
> >
> > You can save even more gas by carpooling. Doesn't waste any time, and
> > doubles your gas mileage just by adding one extra person who would
> > otherwise have used his car.

> Carpooling is only a "no-time" option if you're living with the person
> you're carpooling with. And you need to be at work at the exact same
> time they do. My wife and I don't even meet that second requirement
> (even though I'm a professor and she's a grad student in the same
> department at the same university).

You cradle-robber, you.

Ted

Old May 24th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

there is a basic time chart in drivers ed class work time > speed and you
will find the time difference is very little

Old May 24th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

"Ted Mittelstaedt" > writes:

> "Joe Pfeiffer" > wrote in message
> > "Joe" > writes:
> > >
> > > You can save even more gas by carpooling. Doesn't waste any time, and
> > > doubles your gas mileage just by adding one extra person who would
> > > otherwise have used his car.

> > Carpooling is only a "no-time" option if you're living with the person
> > you're carpooling with. And you need to be at work at the exact same
> > time they do. My wife and I don't even meet that second requirement
> > (even though I'm a professor and she's a grad student in the same
> > department at the same university).
> >

> You cradle-robber, you.

I suppose in my own defense I should mention that we were married
before I went to work at NMSU 23 years ago, and (of course) also
before she went back to school...
Old May 24th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe Pfeiffer

philthy > writes:

> Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
>
> > philthy > writes:
> >
> > > we all can save a ton on gas just by slowing down our speeds
> > > milage ratings is done at 55 not 70 mph ,80 mph or 90 mph that everyone
> > > does on the freeway even on regular roads slow down and save 20 percent
> > > on gas COST TO YOU NOTHING!!!1

> > Except time. Lots and lots of time.

> there is a basic time chart in drivers ed class work time > speed and you
> will find the time difference is very little

(IFYTP)

Let's see, Albuquerque is 220 miles away from here. At 80 mph that's
about two hours, 45 minutes. At 55 it's four hours.
Old May 24th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dipstick

Being an engineering alumnus of NMSU, I feel qualified to do the
math :-) 220 miles at 55MPH and 30 MPG uses 7.33 gallons of gas. 220
miles at 80MPH and 24 MPG (using Philty's 20% savings factor) is 9.17
gallons. So the extra fuel is about 1.84 gallons, which is less than
$6.00 at today's prices. 1.25 hours of my time is worth more than
$6.00 to me, so I'm with Joe....I'll do the 80 MPH route. That's only
5 over the speed limit on I-25, you won't even get a ticket for
that :-) You would likely, however, get run over at 55 MPH.

Old May 25th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Dori A Schmetterling[_2_]

Move to Albuquerque...

DAS

---
"Joe Pfeiffer" > wrote in message
[...]
> Let's see, Albuquerque is 220 miles away from here. At 80 mph that's
> about two hours, 45 minutes. At 55 it's four hours.

Track and manage ALL of your finances and save time doing it. Professional Wealth management services. General User Alfa Romeo 0 September 17th 06 03:18 AM
Cost of cheap rebuilds - how to save $50 and spend $1400 at the same time Ted Mittelstaedt Chrysler 12 September 11th 05 05:51 PM
JETTA GLS WAGON 2002 2.0 SAVE Warranty FREE SHIP ? VW water cooled 0 June 15th 05 05:49 PM
save so much time CJ 4x4 1 May 18th 05 02:06 AM
Proper Engine Lubrication / Oil Additives,use XCT-14Z its free for a limited time!!!!!!!!!!! [email protected] Technology 2 January 21st 05 12:22 AM