No power to new fuel pump

Old March 13th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
bllsht

Default No power to new fuel pump

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 06:40:42 -0400, Bill Putney >
wrote:

>Bill Putney wrote:
>
>> wrote:

>Oh - yeah - almost forgot - you wantd other people's opinions besides
>mine. Well you got them. They don't like you either.

Where did you get an idea like that? LOL

Old April 15th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
DanHayes

New fuel pump not working, check master fuses, relays and wiring...Note a
manual like chiltons will be helpful...On most vehicles i have worked on
there is a fuel cutoff switch located somewhere inside the rear panel of
vehicle in rare cases this can fail and it cuts all power to fuel pump. Some
fuel pumps are polarized meaning they will work when hooked up in the
correct order... try reversing hotwire leads good luck...

Old April 15th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

DanHayes wrote:
> New fuel pump not working, check master fuses, relays and wiring...Note a
> manual like chiltons will be helpful...On most vehicles i have worked on
> there is a fuel cutoff switch located somewhere inside the rear panel of
> vehicle in rare cases this can fail and it cuts all power to fuel pump. Some
> fuel pumps are polarized meaning they will work when hooked up in the
> correct order... try reversing hotwire leads good luck...

My first post said "Three things needed: (1) Accurate schematic for
(specific to) the vehicle (FSM or www.allldata subscription), (2)
Multimeter, (3) Someone who knows how to use items (1) and (2) for
troubleshooting."

The FSM and schematics would tell him (1) If there is such a cutoff
switch, and if there is one (2) Where it is located. I would not rely
on an aftermarket manual with it's one-size-fits-all descriptions for
mulitple vehicle years, sketches and pictures that often have nothing to
do with the vehicle the manual is about, and "typical" schematics
(either a schematic describes the electricals of your vehicle or it
doesn't - i.e, a "typical" map of the East Coast of the U.S. wouldn't be
very useful in driving from Denver Colorado to LA).

Besides, the OP got offended and left.

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')