IAT Sensor location 94 explorer?

Old March 30th 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default IAT and mysterious coolant leak update.

"Sam" > wrote in message
... .

>I also have found out that I have
> heated o2 sensors on the lower intake manifold which was a surprise.

I'am sure it was

Old March 30th 06, 10:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Jokes aside, I would seriously advise someone who can't find the IAT, and
instead discovers oxygen sensors threaded into the intake manifold, to
acquire a bit more education before doing his own engine repairs.

Old March 31st 06, 03:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Its his car, he can do whatever he wants with it

We tried to help him (see other posts),but sometimes get replies like this

:-)

Old March 31st 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

My message mentioned that I found out I have heated 02 Sensors. How
does that reflect the knowledge that is in my head. When I was in
school working on engines there was no such item on vehicles. The
last vehicle I owned had an o2 sensor on the exhaust pipe only.
The heated o2 sensors on the manifold are not to visible on my
explorer to one unless you look very carefully.

My statement was a discovery statement adding a level of conversation
to the post which I hope would prompt discussion.

I could understand if I said, "What is a heat o2 sensor. Will it
hurt my engine if I take it out? What tools do I need?" Statements
like that scare me and would alert me to the ability of someone to
work on a vehicle.

Anyway in the future if you have something to say about my knowledge
then please ask me a question instead of making insulting remarks
without having any idea of who you are talking to. You have never met
me in person and have no idea of the knowledge in my head.
For the record I am a 43 year old Network Administrator by day and
rely on the knowledge taught to me in 2 years of High School Auto
Mechanics and 3 years of being an automobile mechanic to work on my
vehicles on the weekend. I supplement that knowledge by talking to
helpful individuals here on this newsgroup like you.

This weekend I plan on removing the intake manifold on my explorer. If
I had the time and the money I would rebuild the engine. I do know
how to do that. Stumble across a "heated o2 sensor" might throw me
for a loop as I consider it a needless piece of crap that is required
on vehicles today.

Everyone has a first time for stumbling across an unknown component
on their vehicle. I know you never have because you know everything.

Sam Cederas

Raleigh, N.C.

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:09:19 -0800, "Happy Traveler"

Old March 31st 06, 09:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

That 'piece of crap' is helping us all breathe cleaner air by shortening the
'open loop' engine operation when warming up. And by the way, just like the
older, unheated variety, it belongs in the exhaust, not in the intake. Hope
this helps.

Old April 1st 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Sam > wrote in message

> My message mentioned that I found out I have heated 02 Sensors. How
> does that reflect the knowledge that is in my head. When I was in
> school working on engines there was no such item on vehicles. The
> last vehicle I owned had an o2 sensor on the exhaust pipe only.
> The heated o2 sensors on the manifold are not to visible on my
> explorer to one unless you look very carefully.

I have 3 Explorers and I didn't know there were O2 sensors on the intake
manifold. I thought they were only on the exhaust but I've not yet had any
problems with them.

> My statement was a discovery statement adding a level of conversation
> to the post which I hope would prompt discussion.
>
> I could understand if I said, "What is a heat o2 sensor. Will it
> hurt my engine if I take it out? What tools do I need?" Statements
> like that scare me and would alert me to the ability of someone to
> work on a vehicle.
>
> Anyway in the future if you have something to say about my knowledge
> then please ask me a question instead of making insulting remarks
> without having any idea of who you are talking to. You have never met
> me in person and have no idea of the knowledge in my head.
> For the record I am a 43 year old Network Administrator by day and
> rely on the knowledge taught to me in 2 years of High School Auto
> Mechanics and 3 years of being an automobile mechanic to work on my
> vehicles on the weekend. I supplement that knowledge by talking to
> helpful individuals here on this newsgroup like you.

There is no such thing as a Network Administrator--they are fictional
creatures like elves, fairies, and Republicans. Windows is constantly
telling me to ask my Network Administrator for permission to use my computer
but since I don't have a Network Administrator I can't ask him/her.
Meanwhile my Network won't work. Windows should simply call it Notwork and
be done with it.

> This weekend I plan on removing the intake manifold on my explorer. If
> I had the time and the money I would rebuild the engine. I do know
> how to do that. Stumble across a "heated o2 sensor" might throw me
> for a loop as I consider it a needless piece of crap that is required
> on vehicles today.

Have you done a compression test? These engines last an awful long time as
long as you change the oil once-in-a-while and don't redline it all the
time.