Toyota DRL mounting height noncompliance revisited

Old March 27th 05, 06:58 AM
Arif Khokar

Default Toyota DRL mounting height noncompliance revisited

Back in November, I posted a message about the petition for
inconsequential noncompliance that Toyota Motor Company submitted to the
NHTSA for the violation referenced in the subject line.

I just rechecked docket #19529 (http://dms.dot.gov/) and it turns out
the the NHTSA *denied* the petition.

Out of 53 comments, only one was in support of granting the petition.

Old March 27th 05, 06:18 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, Arif Khokar wrote:

> Back in November, I posted a message about the petition for
> inconsequential noncompliance that Toyota Motor Company submitted to the
> NHTSA for the violation referenced in the subject line. I just rechecked
> docket #19529 (http://dms.dot.gov/) and it turns out the the NHTSA
> *denied* the petition.

Well, that's grand.

The Daytime Running Light specifications in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety
Standard 108 contain approximately 40 assorted provisions. It would appear
NHTSA has decided (belatedly, and after the fact) to enforce one of them.
How nice. Only 39 more to go.