Poetic Justice

Old August 14th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

Default Poetic Justice

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Having a son who graduated high school a couple of years ago, I know
> EXACTLY how big a stigma it is for high school kids to ride the school
> bus these days. This judge is BRILLIANT - I hope to see her on the
> Supreme Court one day.
>
> http://www.chicagosuntimes.com/outpu...nws-bus14.html
>
> Punishment for teen drivers: riding the bus
>
> August 14, 2006
>
> PORTAGE, Ind. -- A judge fed up with teen traffic violators is hitting
> them where it hurts -- in the driver's seat -- by sentencing them to
> the embarrassment of riding the school bus.

I'm waiting for the ACLU and a bunch of psychologists to jump in saying
this punishment is cruel as it's detrimental to the kid's self-esteem.

Old August 14th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.

"Larry Bud" > wrote in message
ups.com...

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Having a son who graduated high school a couple of years ago, I know
> EXACTLY how big a stigma it is for high school kids to ride the school
> bus these days. This judge is BRILLIANT - I hope to see her on the
> Supreme Court one day.
>
> http://www.chicagosuntimes.com/outpu...nws-bus14.html
>
> Punishment for teen drivers: riding the bus
>
> August 14, 2006
>
> PORTAGE, Ind. -- A judge fed up with teen traffic violators is hitting
> them where it hurts -- in the driver's seat -- by sentencing them to
> the embarrassment of riding the school bus.

I'm waiting for the ACLU and a bunch of psychologists to jump in saying
this punishment is cruel as it's detrimental to the kid's self-esteem.

(my reply)

In many midwest school districts, bus service is not available at all at the
high school level. I wonder what this judge would have done in that
ase? -Dave

Old August 14th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Mike T. said in
rec.autos.driving:

> "Larry Bud" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > Having a son who graduated high school a couple of years ago, I know
> > EXACTLY how big a stigma it is for high school kids to ride the school
> > bus these days. This judge is BRILLIANT - I hope to see her on the
> > Supreme Court one day.
> >
> > http://www.chicagosuntimes.com/outpu...nws-bus14.html
> >
> > Punishment for teen drivers: riding the bus
> >
> > August 14, 2006
> >
> > PORTAGE, Ind. -- A judge fed up with teen traffic violators is hitting
> > them where it hurts -- in the driver's seat -- by sentencing them to
> > the embarrassment of riding the school bus.

> I'm waiting for the ACLU and a bunch of psychologists to jump in saying
> this punishment is cruel as it's detrimental to the kid's self-esteem.
>
> (my reply)
>
> In many midwest school districts, bus service is not available at all at the
> high school level. I wonder what this judge would have done in that
> ase? -Dave

Don't know about other districts, but here, you have to live a certain
distance from the school inorder to be eligible to ride the bus. Still,
the judge's punishment is innovative, though.

--
I ncompetence &
C orruption
Old August 14th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
DYM[_1_]

"Larry Bud" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> Having a son who graduated high school a couple of years ago, I know
>> EXACTLY how big a stigma it is for high school kids to ride the school
>> bus these days. This judge is BRILLIANT - I hope to see her on the
>> Supreme Court one day.
>>
>> http://www.chicagosuntimes.com/outpu...nws-bus14.html
>>
>> Punishment for teen drivers: riding the bus
>>
>> August 14, 2006
>>
>> PORTAGE, Ind. -- A judge fed up with teen traffic violators is hitting
>> them where it hurts -- in the driver's seat -- by sentencing them to
>> the embarrassment of riding the school bus.

> I'm waiting for the ACLU and a bunch of psychologists to jump in saying
> this punishment is cruel as it's detrimental to the kid's self-esteem.

No, it's cruel & unusual punishment for the bus driver. ;-)

Doug

Hummer vs Honda Civic................vigilante justice Hansi Honda 0 June 2nd 06 03:53 AM
Poetic Justice? Thomas Avery Driving 2 February 26th 06 04:06 PM
Justice for Sale Thomas Avery Driving 6 December 4th 05 05:24 AM
american justice in action the guvnor Ford Mustang 9 June 16th 05 09:28 AM
Poetic Justice at Last! Matthew Russotto Driving 20 February 23rd 05 10:04 PM