How to disable anti-theft on 94 Vision

Old July 9th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
JP Davis

Default How to disable anti-theft on 94 Vision

Hey guys,

So my roommate took the train down to NYC today, and managed to lose
the keys to her 1994 Eagle Vision somewhere down there. When she got
back to the train station, she had the plain metal key that would open
the doors, etc.. But without the remote she can't get the factory
anti-theft system to disable.

We really doubt we'll be able to recover her keys, so how can we
disable this anti-theft system so she can actually use the car?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Old July 9th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"JP Davis" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hey guys,
>
> So my roommate took the train down to NYC today, and managed to lose
> the keys to her 1994 Eagle Vision somewhere down there. When she got
> back to the train station, she had the plain metal key that would open
> the doors, etc.. But without the remote she can't get the factory
> anti-theft system to disable.
>
> We really doubt we'll be able to recover her keys, so how can we
> disable this anti-theft system so she can actually use the car?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

It would be cheaper to just get another key fob programmed. The alarm is
programmed into the engine controller.You would have to replace the
controller and maybe the BCM also

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 9th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
JP Davis

Thanks for the help. Any idea how much and how long it takes to get a
new key fob programmed? (Can't call the dealership until tommorrow)

Old July 9th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"JP Davis" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Thanks for the help. Any idea how much and how long it takes to get a
> new key fob programmed? (Can't call the dealership until tommorrow)
> maxpower wrote:
> > "JP Davis" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> > > Hey guys,
> > >
> > > So my roommate took the train down to NYC today, and managed to lose
> > > the keys to her 1994 Eagle Vision somewhere down there. When she got
> > > back to the train station, she had the plain metal key that would open
> > > the doors, etc.. But without the remote she can't get the factory
> > > anti-theft system to disable.
> > >
> > > We really doubt we'll be able to recover her keys, so how can we
> > > disable this anti-theft system so she can actually use the car?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
> > >

> > It would be cheaper to just get another key fob programmed. The alarm is
> > programmed into the engine controller.You would have to replace the
> > controller and maybe the BCM also
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech

Depending on how busy the shop is. you can go to the parts counter and
purchase the key fob yourself and program it it too. al you need to do is
ground a wire and push the button on the fob to program it. They should tell
you how to do it..

Glenn

Old July 10th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Joe[_3_]

I don't have an Eagle Vision, but on my 94 LHS (same thing) the anti-theft
will shut down just by using a normal key. Maybe they're different, but
maybe not. I would suggest unlocking the other door, just in case the real
problem is a switch in the door gone bad.

"JP Davis" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hey guys,
>
> So my roommate took the train down to NYC today, and managed to lose
> the keys to her 1994 Eagle Vision somewhere down there. When she got
> back to the train station, she had the plain metal key that would open
> the doors, etc.. But without the remote she can't get the factory
> anti-theft system to disable.
>
> We really doubt we'll be able to recover her keys, so how can we
> disable this anti-theft system so she can actually use the car?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

chevy cavalier theft system orangehondarider Technology 10 February 25th 06 09:41 PM
Anti Theft Problem RC Technology 4 November 14th 05 03:45 PM
anti theft codes for radio Bruce Johnson Honda 5 November 13th 05 04:52 AM
99 Honda Odyssey Radio - Anti Theft jchav Honda 1 May 24th 05 06:34 PM
P.A.T.S. anti theft on 98 Explorer? Red Ford Explorer 8 January 29th 05 06:45 AM