Range Rover ABS problem!!!

Old December 6th 04, 06:36 PM
Mickey Gammond

Default Range Rover ABS problem!!!

Colin - The brake system has too much pressure most likely caused by
air in the system, have the brakes bled properly and I am sure it will
go away. I had a similiar problem when I would hit my brakes the
lights (ABC/TC/Brake) would come on then go off, this was due to air in
the system and over pressured.

-Michael.

colin wrote:
> Got a 95 4.6 HSE. Warning lights on - ABS, brakes and T/C. No faults
> showing on diagnostic at main dealer. Symptons, very poor brakes!!
>
> It has recently had some new brake pipes fitted. Dealer cannot find
> out what is wrong. Has suggested fit a new ABS pump @ =A3800 and new
> Booster unit @ =A32323!!! Both plus labour and VAT! And that might

cure

Old July 7th 05, 03:47 PM
chriskam

colin Wrote:
> Got a 95 4.6 HSE. Warning lights on - ABS, brakes and T/C. No faults
> showing on diagnostic at main dealer. Symptons, very poor brakes!!
>
> It has recently had some new brake pipes fitted. Dealer cannot find
> out what is wrong. Has suggested fit a new ABS pump @ £800 and new
> Booster unit @ £2323!!! Both plus labour and VAT! And that might cure
> it.
>
> Has anyone got any suggestions as to the best way forward?
>
> Colin

Yes..
Hi I am Chris Kam from Hong Kong. I got an 1995 made Range Rover P38A.
I got all sort of problems include the one you mention.

Remember two weeks ago, while I am driving, the brake no function.
Therefore I stop the engine and restart . I got a very poor brake.
After that I park the car in the gargage. The day after I start the
car, but the brake fluid inside the bottle goes up. the ABS, TC, Brake
lights all on.

Because of that I got a very very very hard brake. I check with
autologic, but nothing discover.

I grab a old fuse box from eBay, and change the Fuse box and the ABS
reply (Yellow colour) and the one made by Simens. right now all lights
turn off.

However, once I press the brake padel, I still see the ABS/TC/ Brake
lights flash! But at least the brake is working. Therefore I think
you should try to replce the fuse box. Good luck . Any problems,
please email me at

--
chriskam
chriskam's Profile: