134a Refrigerant

Old July 22nd 05, 12:10 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"Peter Pontbriand" <TRIMsprocketATstormDOTcaTRIM> wrote in message
news
> Yikes! Remind me to stay away from those pools ...

its really not uncommon in large pools because its more economical. the
downside is that if a leak were to develop in the pump room somebody would
probably die before it was discovered.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com

Old July 22nd 05, 12:11 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You can't take a shower without chlorine. Test kits:
http://www.recreonics.com/lamotte_test_kits.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 22nd 05, 12:15 AM
Nathan W. Collier

"jeff" > wrote in message
> Is your reading comprehension level that low, or is is a simple case of
> denial?

POT, KETTLE, BLACK! no matter how loud you cry about it, "freon" is a
trademark and NOTHING more! people call all sorts of 4x4's "jeeps" but that
does not make them jeeps. or are you suggesting that a land rover or a
samauri are indeed "jeeps" just because its commonly used in a generic
manner? ANSWER DIRECTLY PLEASE.

> First, it it says quite plainly that Freons are compounds, secondly it
> continues to use the term in a generic manner.

wrong. FIRST your own link says "[trade name]" which defines what freon is.
from there it explains it farther. bottom line, "freon" is indeed a
trademark and NOTHING MORE regardless of its common usage by those ignorant
to the industry. that you would continue to argue that shows just how
assinine and ignorant you really are.

> Chlorine gas (Cl2)

is pure chlorine and it dissolves in sunlight which is why it must be
continually fed into pools.

wanna see my CPO card too? :-)

Old July 22nd 05, 04:34 AM
Peter Pontbriand

Chlorinated water I understand, but "pure chlorine gas" sounds mighty
dangerous to me.

/Peter

Old July 22nd 05, 06:20 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message =
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message=20
> .. .
> > Tell us what happens when you don't stop mixing!

>=20
> i know why you cling to this belief but the wind doesnt constantly =

blow.

I know why you cling to this belief but the atmosphere is
never still.
__
Steve
..

Old July 22nd 05, 06:29 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message =

> concentration. i know that the wind will blow it around a mix it up, =

but=20
> its not going to carry it all the way to the ozone layer. do you have =

any=20
> idea how short the life of chlorine is in sunlight?

Stop it... I'm gonna hurl... *again*!

Take a tablespoon of salt... put it in
the sun. Tell us when it degrades.
No fair letting it get wet... even though
that wouldn't degrade it.

In fact, you'd have a hard time making
chlorine do anything but be chlorine.
Go ahead and try....=20

Of course, the point is, chlorine can't
get to the stratosphere without being
bound up into a gaseous molecule
that is extremely strong... otherwise,
rain would precipitate it out. That's
the entire problem... chlorinated
fluorocarbons are highly insoluble
in water, and stay bound up until they
get to the upper atmosphere where
UV light can attack them.
__
Steve
..

Old July 22nd 05, 06:33 AM
Stephen Cowell

"L.W. (=DFill) Hughes III" > wrote in message =
> Stephen Cowell wrote:
> >=20
> > Bill... how old is the Earth?

> OK, that's should be easy enough for even you. Give me a formula
> with the volume and square root in the equation.

Here's one you should like... volume =3D square root.

> The earth is 4.55 billion years old (plus or minus about 1%).=20

That's not what your Bible tells you!
__
Steve
..

Old July 22nd 05, 06:52 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message =
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message=20
> .. .
> >Of course I am... otherwise, you'd be a damn
> >fool, and you can't be a damn fool, we know
> >that! Right?

>=20
> heh...as if we didnt already know that.

Or... you could be a damn fool!
=20
> > You still don't see your grammatical error!

>=20
> lol....crying about grammar is yet another sign of your pitiful =

desperation!

Grammer is how we communicate... if you can't=20
create a proper English sentence, then how do
you expect to be able to make sense to someone?
Your uncomprehending use of the double-negative
precludes understanding what you're trying to
say... indeed, it implies just the opposite.
If you tell your helper "don't not open that valve!",
and he opens it... who's at fault?

>=20
> >>great! now give me an alternative to replacing an HMC in a pinch.

>=20
> > No ambient specification.

>=20
> that wasnt my post to you.....that was my post to jeff. my post to =

YOU=20
> clearly stated -30 degrees.

Spinning.... spinning. How your head does spin!
=20
> >>and "in a pinch" means an alternative to "doing it right" to get you =

> >>through
> >>temporarily when youre "in a pinch" (such as on a roof top on a -30 =

degree
> >>day).

>=20
> > The 'such as' condition is by no means limiting

>=20
> lol you can squirm like a little weasel all day long and it wont =

change a=20
> thing! i clearly listed -30 degrees and you later accused me of =

trying to=20
> change criteria and slip one in. i have exposed your lies yet again, =

and=20
> its fun to watch you try to squirm. :-D

You forgot "TRANSLATION"... although you
have discovered another goofy smiley to use.
It still doesn't help you change the original=20
specifications of the challenge... which I met
quite adequately. I said just bypass the head
pressure control, as long as ambient wasn't
low... you try to weasel in a condition where
the ambient is low... but you didn't make the
condition, you merely suggested it as an
elaboration of being 'in a pinch'. You are a welch.

> > Call me a liar, too...

>=20
> liar.

Here's a lie for you... someone once suggested to
me that he'd change his views on ozone depletion
when presented with convincing evidence of the
cause-and-effect due to CFC usage... after presenting
reams of high-quality evidence, the person did
not change their views... indeed, he proceeded
to pontificate his own version of atmospheric
science garnered from a leak detector user
manual. I'd call such a person a damn liar, wouldn't
you?

And lest we forget, the millstone around your
neck:

<>
you:
> more babble. i nailed you on it. i recognize my limitations and=20
> immediately own it. you lie, make excuses, and attempt to dazzle us =

with=20
> bull**** in hopes of hiding your blatent (sic) ignorance.

me:
You don't have a clue about your limitations... imagine you,
an HVAC tech, making pronouncements about atmospheric
science! That shows *extreme* hubris... you deserve what
you get.
</>

You deserve what you get... remember that.
__
Steve
..

Old July 22nd 05, 06:54 AM
Stephen Cowell

"L.W. (=DFill) Hughes III" > wrote in message =
> Stephen Cowell wrote:
> >=20
> > But the point is... you type in gibberish!

> Well at least I have common sense and not stupid, like you.=20

I'd pretty much have to say that you have stupid, too.
__
Steve
..

Old July 22nd 05, 06:56 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Nathan W. Collier" > wrote in message =
> "Stephen Cowell" > wrote in message=20
> .. .
> > > youre still just a liar.

>=20
> > What? No smileys? No 'TRANSLATION'?

>=20
> no need, theres nothing funny in that statement. you are a liar.

Now he's not smiling... I'm getting somewhere!
Now that I've wiped that goofy grin off your
face... answer this one:

<>