A complete Newbie needs help

Old June 1st 05, 02:59 AM
Joey Tribiani

"johnboy" > wrote in message

> "ilambert" > wrote in message
>> [...] Any race carb does not have a choke be it Carter,Weber,Solex
>> modified for FV.The plate and shaft disturb the airflow in the throat and
>> are not needed in that application.

> Incorrect. The Weber 44mm has a choke and no shaft or butterfly. So does
> the side-draft. It is an enrichening circuit. It is not often hooked up,
> but it is in there.

john, the newbie has quite enough to learn, please don't overwhelm him with
more...LOL

Old June 1st 05, 03:10 AM
johnboy

look closely for scale
yep, shag, that's about the size of it

http://www.ibiblio.org/john/photos/thumbsm.jpg

Old June 1st 05, 01:31 PM
ilambert

I give up Mr.T.Your wit and logic(though half-right)are too much for
this"newbie".But the oval I had in the '60s seemed to care not a wit if I
used the manual choke or not.The 912 with twin Webers was chokeless as I
recall and still ran fine(once it warmed up).And you will be fine when you
grow up and can handle divergent opinion.

Old June 1st 05, 03:22 PM
johnboy

"ilambert" > wrote in message
>I give up Mr.T.Your wit and logic(though half-right)are too much for
>this"newbie".But the oval I had in the '60s seemed to care not a wit if I
>used the manual choke or not.

It was in bad tune.

> The 912 with twin Webers was chokeless as I recall

They have chokes. The parts are in there. Yours just didn't have the linkage
caps.

Old June 1st 05, 03:39 PM

My, My, My,.. Just think,... 1 Newbie asks a simple question and now
we have a post that has almost 100 replies to it dealing with
everything from the info I needed to full blown chemestry of the gas
mixture. The insults were rampent and the results are still debatable
<G>.

The one thing I do see is that every VW is different and all need
special care for "IT'S" own happiness. It's OK though,.. I've had
girlfriends that were exactly the same way. But I am in deed enjoying
reading this,...

Ken

Old June 1st 05, 04:13 PM
Jan Andersson

Tim Rogers wrote:

> "Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message
> >
> > John, John, John....i know you are a little under the weather now, and
> > probably need a pick-me-up, so you feel free to **** off too...okay? LOL
> >

> ...........What about me? It's been a long time since you've told me to ****
> off.
>
> timmy

Awwww Timmy is feeling left out

now **** off

(I know, it doesn't have the same feel to it, coming from me.. but I
tried... )

Jan
Old June 1st 05, 04:21 PM
johnboy

> wrote in message

> The one thing I do see is that every VW is different and all need
> special care for "IT'S" own happiness.

If all VWs were not alike in important ways there wouldn't be manuals or
engineerings, just alchemy.

> It's OK though,.. I've had
> girlfriends that were exactly the same way.

They leaked, wouldn't start without choking, stumbled badly and smelled bad?
My condolences.

My neighbor and his friend spent endless weekends trying to get his truck
running, messing with stuff they didn't try to understand. His wife
mentioned to mine, "Ya know, I think I'm gonna rename my private parts to
'carburator' so he will fiddle with me all day Sunday."

Old June 1st 05, 04:21 PM
Jan Andersson

Shag wrote:

> On Tue, 31 May 2005 20:09:30 -0500, "johnboy" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Shag" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:53:53 -0500, "johnboy" >

> >> Sort of like your thumb now? :-) Not exactly hooked up, but it's
> >> there? :-X Don't laugh! It'll only hurt! ;-)

> >hey, I'm just glad the thing didn't fall on my dick. my luck, ya know.
> >

> It was just probability at work, you know? You have 2 objects. Your
> thumb, and your dick. Something falls. More likely it will fall onto
> the larger of the two objects. I hope your thumb gets better soon.
> :-D

OUCH

Jan
Old June 1st 05, 04:23 PM
Jan Andersson

johnboy wrote:

> look closely for scale
> yep, shag, that's about the size of it
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/john/photos/thumbsm.jpg

Thumbs up for johnboy

hehehehe

Jan
Old June 1st 05, 09:09 PM
Joey Tribiani

"ilambert" > wrote in message
>I give up Mr.T.Your wit and logic(though half-right)are too much for
>this"newbie".But the oval I had in the '60s seemed to care not a wit if I
>used the manual choke or not.The 912 with twin Webers was chokeless as I
>recall and still ran fine(once it warmed up).And you will be fine when you
>grow up and can handle divergent opinion.

i don't care what your opinions are(whether your's and mine diverge is
irrellevant), what i do care about is you trying to justify bad advise with
them...if it works for you that is fine, however stating it as fact is
wrong....period.....if your oval did not care if you used the choke you had
problems...possibly a broken choke cable..<G>....your 912 did not have a
LONG runner as the stock vw does..( i did explain this...you *did* read it?
no? if so you did *understand* the reasoning?)...as far as growing up, i
will never grow out of calling bull**** when someone posts it...you
did...you got called...then you got mad...it happens...and as usual, i don't
give a ****....get mad, then **** off and get glad...but don't spew bull****
here for the real newbies(not to be confused with those "newbies" such as
you, that are not new timewise, but new to the proper ways of doing
things....you know, armchair mechanics....YOU)