Ford Fusion reverse gear

Old July 6th 09, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Mike

Default Ford Fusion reverse gear

One might take note, there is no "at" in "preventive maintenance."

Old July 6th 09, 05:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
HLS

"Mike" > wrote in message
> One might take note, there is no "at" in "preventive maintenance."

Darn.. You must have changed your address line. Now I will have to
preventatively maintain my killfile.

Old July 6th 09, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Toyota MDT in MO

Mike wrote:
> [...]

>>> one", plastic parts cannot be repaired generally speaking, and few
>>> folks keep a car long enough to require an overhaul of the engine or
>>> transaxle. Most people bail out when one of those assemblies fail and
>>> buy a new car. I only wish I had that kind of disposable income on my
>>> hands. Must be ****ing nice to be able to just buy a new car when the
>>> need arises, huh? :-)
>>>

>> The other thing is that powertrain warranties are getting longer, so by
>> the time that an owner goes past his engine and trans coverage, the units
>> have proven not to have any fundamental assembly or design faults and may
>> prove to last a really long time into the future -- without the owner ever
>> spending any money on their failures within warranty.

>>> Practical limitations do apply, but like you said...and I agree. Keep
>>> a car as long as you can....it is almost always cheaper to maintain

One might stop bothering to correct the dictionary, as it is an
acceptable alternate spelling. I've already been through this, and
you're wrong.

--
Toyota MDT in MO
Old July 6th 09, 07:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
HLS

preventative
"Toyota MDT in MO" > wrote in message
> Mike wrote:
>> One might take note, there is no "at" in "preventive maintenance."
>>

> One might stop bothering to correct the dictionary, as it is an acceptable
> alternate spelling. I've already been through this, and you're wrong.
>
> --
> Toyota MDT in MO

Absolutely correct.
There are often minor preferential differences between North American
English as well, such as
"orientated" and "oriented". Both are perfectly acceptable.

Old July 6th 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Mike

Get real, acceptable to whom?. Conventional usage does not make an improper
pronunciation of a word correct.

How often do we hear on TV or see in print that a person "pled guilty," when
the correct legal term is "pleaded guilty," or that Saddam was "Hung,"
rather than the correct term, "Hanged?"

When his wife was told by a reporter in Paris, where she lived that he was
hung, she laughed and said no he wasn't.

If any man had a choice, they were surely prefer the former over the later
LOL

Old July 6th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Toyota MDT in MO

Mike wrote:
> Get real, acceptable to whom?. Conventional usage does not make an improper
> pronunciation of a word correct.
>
> How often do we hear on TV or see in print that a person "pled guilty," when
> the correct legal term is "pleaded guilty," or that Saddam was "Hung,"
> rather than the correct term, "Hanged?"
>
> When his wife was told by a reporter in Paris, where she lived that he was
> hung, she laughed and said no he wasn't.
>
> If any man had a choice, they were surely prefer the former over the later
> LOL
>

> "HLS" > wrote in message
>
>> preventative

>>> One might stop bothering to correct the dictionary, as it is an
>>> acceptable alternate spelling. I've already been through this, and
>>> you're wrong.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Toyota MDT in MO
>>>

>> Absolutely correct.
>> There are often minor preferential differences between North American
>> English as well, such as
>> "orientated" and "oriented". Both are perfectly acceptable.

You might want to proofread your scribble for grammatical and factual
accuracy, genius. LOL?.

"Today I pled My **** to reconsider his incorrect ideas concerning
grammar, and he just laughed out loud at the suggestion."

Pled = past tense = correct = eat it. Had you known that pled is also
acceptable as a past participle?

Surely you were prefer to type correctly, weren't you(?)

BTW, conventional and acceptable are two different concepts.

--
Toyota MDT in MO
Old July 6th 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
HLS

"Mike" > wrote in message
> Get real, acceptable to whom?. Conventional usage does not make an
> improper pronunciation of a word correct.

Both variants are acceptable in the English language variants. I didnt
say anything
about conventional usage.

"Pleaded" is listed as a colloquial usage in the Websters New World
Dictionary.
"Pled" or "plead" is perfectly acceptable as well.

Old July 6th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Mike

Perhaps, to some I suppose, but they ain't had much good schoolhosin' and
thy sure isn't lawya's. LOL

Old July 6th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Mike

Ya' right LOL

Old July 7th 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.misc,alt.autos.ford
Toyota MDT in MO

Mike wrote:
> Perhaps, to some I suppose, but they ain't had much good schoolhosin' and
> thy sure isn't lawya's. LOL
>

> "HLS" > wrote in message
>
>> "Mike" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Get real, acceptable to whom?. Conventional usage does not make an
>>> improper pronunciation of a word correct.
>>>

>> Both variants are acceptable in the English language variants. I didnt
>> say anything
>> about conventional usage.
>>
>> "Pleaded" is listed as a colloquial usage in the Websters New World
>> Dictionary.
>> "Pled" or "plead" is perfectly acceptable as well.

Yeah, well whomever "they" are, it's likely they haven't been schooled
(colloquialism) by a lowly mechanic on such points. Feel special. LOL

--
Toyota MDT in MO