E46 wheels and tires

Old April 13th 05, 03:37 AM
Planar1

Default E46 wheels and tires

I borrowed this from a Bimmer E46 M3 web site:

The M3 sits on 18-inch M-style alloy wheels (8.0-inch wide front and
9.0-inch wide rear), with appropriately sized high-performance tires (225/45
ZR - 18 front and 255/40 ZR -18 rear).

Will I be able to successfully install this combo on my 330ci? Is there a
reason why it won't fit? i.e. different diff larger/smaller wheel wells,
different suspension width? I'm not saying I want to run this combo, but
since I will be buying these wheels and tires via mail-order, getting it
wrong would be expensive. I don't have the luxury of trying out different
sets. I have to get it right the first time. The E46 M3 runs different size
wheels and tires in the front and rear. Is there a reason why doing this on
my car would mess-up my handling and not mess-up the M3 (as another said
earlier)?

I appreciate your indulgence while I get my feet wet with a BMW.

Old April 13th 05, 08:22 AM
Pete

"Planar1" > wrote
> I borrowed this from a Bimmer E46 M3 web site:
>
> The M3 sits on 18-inch M-style alloy wheels (8.0-inch wide front and
> 9.0-inch wide rear), with appropriately sized high-performance tires
> (225/45
> ZR - 18 front and 255/40 ZR -18 rear).
>
> Will I be able to successfully install this combo on my 330ci?

WTF??? How many times are you going to post the same question? You already
got your answers. Don't like what you hear? Is that why you keep asking?
Tell us what answer you WANT to hear, then we'll tell you exactly that and
then you can go away.

Pete

Old April 13th 05, 03:04 PM
Corey Shuman

The reason they wont fit is because a 330 is not an M3. Im not sure
whether the wheel wells are different or maybe there is an arch on the
M3 or something else. Im not sure as I dont have either one, but what I
do know is that it usually isnt smart to try something if it has
already been suggested that you dont. There is undoubtedly some reason.
If you dont have the luxury of being wrong I would suggest you go with
what is suggested, try DTM Power forum. ask around and see what the
concensus is.

Old April 13th 05, 05:39 PM
Jeff Strickland

How many times are you going to ask this question?

There is no question on the front wheels, they will definitely fit. They
will fit on all four corners, by the way. The only question is if the rear
wheels will fit, and the question there is if they will fit inside the
fenders. You have no issues with backspacing relative to the M Series wheels
and your 330, but you may have issues with the fenders in the back.

Old April 14th 05, 12:27 AM
Dan Krueger

Yes. I have them on my 330i. They came from the factory that way.

Old April 14th 05, 02:47 AM
Planar1

With respect, I have not been able to see any of my posts lately. I had no
way of telling, so I apologize for the repetition. This is the first post
that I have actually be able to see.

Old April 14th 05, 07:41 AM
Jeff Mayner

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> How many times are you going to ask this question?
>
> There is no question on the front wheels, they will definitely fit.
> They will fit on all four corners, by the way. The only question is
> if the rear wheels will fit, and the question there is if they will
> fit inside the fenders. You have no issues with backspacing relative
> to the M Series wheels and your 330, but you may have issues with the
> fenders in the back.

As stated before, I have M3 wheels on my 330 and they fit fine.

Jeff

Old April 14th 05, 05:51 PM
Jeff Strickland

"Jeff Mayner" > wrote in message
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
> > How many times are you going to ask this question?
> >
> > There is no question on the front wheels, they will definitely fit.
> > They will fit on all four corners, by the way. The only question is
> > if the rear wheels will fit, and the question there is if they will
> > fit inside the fenders. You have no issues with backspacing relative
> > to the M Series wheels and your 330, but you may have issues with the
> > fenders in the back.

> As stated before, I have M3 wheels on my 330 and they fit fine.
>
> Jeff

Perfect. What size do you have?

I also have M3 wheels on my E36, but the front and back are all the same
size.

Old April 14th 05, 06:47 PM
Jeff Strickland

With respect, you replied several times to those posts that you didn't get.

And, you copied and pasted the same question several times. Usually, the
verbiage changes when people absent mindedly ask the wame question over and
over because they sit down and type the question from scratch each time.
Your question is identical at least three times, and you replied to two of
them. Now you are replying to the third.

The bottom line is, yes those rims will fit your car. They are an option for
it. That is, the style might not be an option, but the size is, and it's the
size that dictates if they will fit.

Old April 14th 05, 07:38 PM
Jeff Mayner

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> "Jeff Mayner" > wrote in message
>> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>>> How many times are you going to ask this question?
>>>
>>> There is no question on the front wheels, they will definitely fit.
>>> They will fit on all four corners, by the way. The only question is
>>> if the rear wheels will fit, and the question there is if they will
>>> fit inside the fenders. You have no issues with backspacing relative
>>> to the M Series wheels and your 330, but you may have issues with
>>> the fenders in the back.

>> As stated before, I have M3 wheels on my 330 and they fit fine.
>>
>> Jeff
>>

> Perfect. What size do you have?
>
> I also have M3 wheels on my E36, but the front and back are all the
> same size.

225 on the front and 245 on the rear. No fitment problems and no negative
effect re. handling. At least none that I can tell.

Jeff

Will these wheels & tires fit on my 300m? Steve Chrysler 5 April 8th 05 03:37 AM
Tires and wheels Chip Jeep 2 March 17th 05 02:26 PM
wheels, tires and suspension suggestions JP BMW 6 March 16th 05 01:53 AM
NEED wheels and tires jamesno BMW 2 October 28th 04 01:40 AM
Tires and Wheels for sale - Pflugerville, Texas jrhslick BMW 0 October 22nd 04 12:05 AM