Tires and wheels

Old March 17th 05, 01:44 AM
Chip

Default Tires and wheels

I've been working on my CJ-7 - I've finished the front clean-up and repair.
Por-15 on the axle and frame, stainless brake lines, new shackles.... The
rear axle comes off next. I'm only able to work on it on the weekends so I
have time during the week to ponder. A friend of mine gave me a set of
235-75R15 tires that have some life left on them and I have not purchased
wheels yet. If I buy wheels for those tires, will I be able to buy a
slightly larger tire down the road and mount them on the same wheel? When
it's all done, I'll have no spring lift (I dont really want one) and a 1"
body lift (That is existing) According to what I've found on the net, I can
put as large as 31" tires on it. I guess I just want to know if I can mount
30" or 31" tires on the same wheels as the 235's?

Thanks,

Chip

Old March 17th 05, 01:52 AM
Carl Saiyed

I had stock (15x7?) wheels with 215's. I went to 30" MT/R's and had no
issues. I recently upgraded my wheels to a 15x8 and it really helped the
tires fill out. They look MUCH beefier on the 15x8 than they did on the
stock wheels I would suggest a 15x8 wheel for the 30's or 31's, not sure if
235's will fit a 15x8, though I don't see why they wouldn't.

Carl

Old March 17th 05, 02:26 PM
Mike Romain

I am very happy with my stock Jeep CJ Laredo rims that are 15x7". They
will fit anything from the smallest P215 up to 35's or bigger if I
wanted. I currently have 33x9.5's on them.

If you are going to stay basically stock, then it isn't wise to get a
fat rim or anything like that. The stock 7" rim will fit up to 10.5's
properly and lots of folks even mount 12's on although that is getting a
bit wide.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Chip wrote:

> I've been working on my CJ-7 - I've finished the front clean-up and repair.
> Por-15 on the axle and frame, stainless brake lines, new shackles.... The
> rear axle comes off next. I'm only able to work on it on the weekends so I
> have time during the week to ponder. A friend of mine gave me a set of
> 235-75R15 tires that have some life left on them and I have not purchased
> wheels yet. If I buy wheels for those tires, will I be able to buy a
> slightly larger tire down the road and mount them on the same wheel? When
> it's all done, I'll have no spring lift (I dont really want one) and a 1"
> body lift (That is existing) According to what I've found on the net, I can
> put as large as 31" tires on it. I guess I just want to know if I can mount
> 30" or 31" tires on the same wheels as the 235's?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chip

wheels, tires and suspension suggestions JP BMW 6 March 16th 05 01:53 AM
Second set of wheels for snow tires ? Allroad 03 Audi 3 December 21st 04 12:50 AM
NEED wheels and tires jamesno BMW 2 October 28th 04 01:40 AM
LOW TIRES PRICES AT CHROMEHOUSE WHEELS Fred W. Ford Explorer 0 October 25th 04 10:07 PM
Tires and Wheels for sale - Pflugerville, Texas jrhslick BMW 0 October 22nd 04 12:05 AM