The Cincy to Toronto Blizzard of 08

Old March 9th 08, 11:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

Default The Cincy to Toronto Blizzard of 08

dropped 15 to 20 inches generally along I-71.

Naturally some idiot takes a Mustang out in it....

From Monday Columbus Dispatch:
"Montell "Money" Whitfield, 23, of the East Side, was in Canton at 1:30
a.m. yesterday when he decided to hit the road to be with his girlfriend.
After three hours of slip-sliding down I-71, his 2000 Cadillac started
fishtailing and slid into the median near Rts. 36-37 in Delaware County.
He called his girlfriend to rescue him. Nadine McClasky, 22, of the North
Side, jumped into >>> her Mustang <<< and found Whitfield about 5:45 a.m.

"He was in the car crying like a girl," McClasky said. Whitfield left his
coat and suitcase in his car and the couple headed south. Moments later,
McClasky's car spun out and came to rest with its back end shoved against
a concrete wall. It was the first of many times her car proved it wasn't
up to the snow's challenge. By 7 a.m., the couple had made it as far as
Hamilton Road at Groves Road where the Mustang couldn't make it through a
snow mound left by road crews.

A Wonder Bread truck driver used his front bumper to push McClasky's car
to a nearby office parking lot to get it out of traffic. But the car got
stuck again, headfirst in a snow pile, and the engine died. They called
for a wrecker.

The couple waited more than seven hours before the car was tugged out and
its battery jumped. McClasky said she wanted to go to Whitfield's house
and have him make her breakfast. But within seconds of being freed by a
tow truck, the Mustang got stuck on Groves Road again. An SUV pushed it
free and onto the southbound lanes of Hamilton.

As Mark Wood drove his wrecker away, the Mustang was in trouble again.
This time, it got lodged turning north on Hamilton.
-end article-

That couple faces a lot of challenges in the future.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old March 10th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John B.

A young chick driving a Mustang in the snow? Sounds like a recipe for
disaster before even hitting the road!

John B.

Old March 14th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Lazimodo

Mustangs can be driven in the snow with proper studded
winter tires, moderation, and training. My wife's new 'stang
is my winter car and I live where it SNOWS, REALLY SNOWS.
The stang has a block heater, that is either a sign from
Henry Ford ....or ...a Canadian model... NYLCOK rear end...
WTF is that...

I love getting up and going to work. All the cops have r=w=d
and mega horsepower. Mustangs have no weight so put 10 jars
of pickles and all of your empties, in the trunk and turn
off the stereo, in case you are tempted to do donuts.
Otherwise point and shoot...

She is driving my Saab, so I rarely get a call to rescue
her. I do note that the Stang has more clearance beneath
than the Saab. Nil on the abs, tc, asc though....Point and
shoot though.... Luv it....