California 218 video

Old February 3rd 08, 09:03 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Carl ROGÉRS

Default California 218 video

Hi Viatologists,

When it comes to the Golden State, three-digit State Routes don't get much
notoriety as they should. Sure... There are important freeways like Routes
163, 210 and 242--but by and large, you're normally dealing w/ short
interregional roads.

State Route 218 is no exception to the general rule. As the main connector
between northern Monterey and Del Rey Oaks, you wouldn't expect much traffic
to line its path. In that spirit, the Worldwide Highway Library wishes to
familiarise you w/ Route 218 and its environs:

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/ca-218v.html

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to transportology"
********
Calrog.com, Worldwide Highway Library:
http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in International Transportation Research. Has
served your home country and ninety-nine of its worldwide neighbours
since 2000, through Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********

Old February 3rd 08, 04:31 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving, ca.driving,ba.transportation
Sherman L. Cahal

On Feb 3, 10:55 am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 01:03:00 -0800, "Carl Rogers"
>
> > wrote:
> >Hi Viatologists,

> http://i20.tinypic.com/25up1k7.jpg
> --
> Please don't give financial rewards to trolls -
> DO NOT CLICK on any URLs containing "calrog.com"

LOL
Old February 3rd 08, 07:32 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving, ca.driving,ba.transportation
Richard[_6_]

On Feb 3, 10:55*am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 01:03:00 -0800, "Carl Rogers"
>
> > wrote:
> >Hi Viatologists,

> http://i20.tinypic.com/25up1k7.jpg

Of course, he has like 20 threads on MTR atm.

Old February 4th 08, 06:17 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
EAST COAST HIVE MIND[_3_]

Richard wrote:
> On Feb 3, 10:55 am, Scott in SoCal > wrote:
>> On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 01:03:00 -0800, "Carl Rogers"
>>
>> > wrote:
>>> Hi Viatologists,

>> http://i20.tinypic.com/25up1k7.jpg

> Of course, he has like 20 threads on MTR atm.

Well, he's so keen for site hits, but he's managed somehow to block
Linux browsers from being able to open his steamers. Whatever. I have
more than one OS and more than one ISP, and his little trick may block
browsers, but it doesn't prevent someone from opening the file directly
in the media player of yr choice, or using wget and specifying the
filename-the latter methods don't give him a site hit either.

--
Comrade Otto The Duke Of Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com
Old February 6th 08, 09:06 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving, ca.driving,ba.transportation
[email protected]

On Feb 3, 1:03*am, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> When it comes to the Golden State, three-digit State Routes don't get much
> notoriety as they should. *Sure... There are important freeways like Routes
> 163, 210 and 242--but by and large, you're normally dealing w/ short
> interregional roads.

I guess I'd have to add the following 3-digit State Routes to the list
of Important Routes:
118 - Ronald Reagan Freeway (Moorpark to San Fernando) + Los Angeles
Avenue (Saticoy to Moorpark)
125 - South Bay Expressway (new Toll Road from Otai Mesa to Bonita) +
Freeway (Bonita to Santee)
126 - Santa Paula Freeway (Ventura to Santa Paula + Telegraph Road/
Henry Mayo Drrive (Santa Paula to Castaic)
134 - Ventura Freeway (North Hollywood to Pasadena)
170 - Hollywood Freeway (Toluca Lake to Sun Valley) + Highland Avenue
(Hollywood)

All of these are important enough to be covered on local traffic
reports; I'm sure one of my northern CA counterparts could add some as
well.
Old February 7th 08, 04:59 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
EAST COAST HIVE MIND[_3_]

Cameron Kaiser wrote:
> writes:
>
>> I guess I'd have to add the following 3-digit State Routes to the list
>> of Important Routes:

> I'd call the original premise flawed anyway.

Consider the source.

Old February 7th 08, 05:55 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
John Haskey

In article >,
Carl Rogers > wrote:
>Hi Viatologists,
>
>When it comes to the Golden State, three-digit State Routes don't get much
>notoriety as they should.

notoriety (no-'t?-ri-'i(-te-) n. The quality or condition of being
notorious; ill fame.

Why should three-digit state routes be notorious?

---john.
Old February 7th 08, 08:00 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Geoff Miller

Scott in SoCal > writes:

[to John Haskey]

> Your mistake was to assume he was using the definition
> instead of the operational-definition.

Is "operational" now a euphemism for "wrong," kind of like
how "urban" is a euphemism for "black?"

"Infamous," like "neocon," is a word that many people use
despite not knowing what it actually means. It's a result
of the decline of literacy among the Empty V generation.

Geoff

--
"I don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years."
- Sam Kinison

Old February 8th 08, 01:10 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
EAST COAST HIVE MIND[_3_]

Geoff Miller wrote:
> Scott in SoCal > writes:
>
> [to John Haskey]
>
>> Your mistake was to assume he was using the definition
>> instead of the operational-definition.

> Is "operational" now a euphemism for "wrong," kind of like
> how "urban" is a euphemism for "black?"

No. It's a mockery of CalQaeda's misuse of the term, which he construes
to mean the opposite of what it actually
does:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_definition