Worldwide Highway Library, revised

Old January 1st 08, 08:06 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Worldwide Highway Library, revised

Hi Viatologists,

Happy 2008! For the past several months, my family, friends and coworkers
have been riding me hard to change my website layout. As more countries,
media formats and HTML tables got added to the WHL's repository, the page
became more difficult to navigate.

To ring in the new year, the Worldwide Highway Library has changed its
layout! We are in a slow rollout period, but do welcome your visit while
the dust settles. The new format will be fully functional over the next few
weeks. As of noon today (PST), you should be able to view pictures of:

(1) Alberta Primary Provincial Routes.
(2) Rutas Principales de Guatemala.
(3) Rutas Federales de México.
(4) Rutas de los Estados a México.
(5) United States National Highways (e.g., Interstates, Federal Routes).

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com

The four principal languages of the WHL are English, French, Italian and
German. Where appropriate, the default language will be applied to the
corresponding photograph. For title purposes only, Spanish is included.
The immersion of language and region will ensure an international experience
on the WHL. If you do not speak the native language, may we invite you to
brush up on a language at your local university. Software packages like
Rosetta Stone are encouraged for those who like to learn a language from the
comfort of their computer.

As I learn Spanish further, all Latin American highway photos will be fully
translated.

If you need access today to all videos, photographs and WHL-360s, please
continue to use the depracated, yet still robust repository:
http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/repository.html . The repository will
become inactive once the new layout has completed.

As traditional holds, the WHL's format employs a series of fixed-size
windows for all of its content. A dozen or so webmasters, many from the MTR
newsgroup, have expressed interest in seeing WHL photographs w/o fixed-size
windows. In spirit of cooperation, the WHL would like to create an option
for interested parties who'd like unrestricted access to WHL content, sans
fixed-window. For a flat nominal fee, the WHL will grant a perpetual
license for your site that allows your website: (1) native access to JPEG
files, and (2) HTML windows w/o size restrictions. If interested, please
let me know and I can provide you w/ the package details and pricing. If
you do not wish to hold a WHL license, you may still link to fixed-size
windows from your website at anytime. We thank you for your interest either
way.

Again, happy new year! The Worldwide Highway Library looks forward to
present you w/ new, great material throughout the year.

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to transportology"
********
Calrog.com, Worldwide Highway Library:
http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in International Transportation Research. Has
served your home country and ninety-nine of its worldwide neighbours
since 2000, through Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********

Old January 1st 08, 08:15 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Sherman L. Cahal

On Jan 1, 3:06 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:

> A dozen or so webmasters, many from the MTR
> newsgroup, have expressed interest in seeing WHL photographs w/o fixed-size
> windows. In spirit of cooperation, the WHL would like to create an option
> for interested parties who'd like unrestricted access to WHL content, sans
> fixed-window. For a _flat nominal fee_, the WHL will grant a perpetual
> license for your site that allows your website: (1) native access to JPEG
> files, and (2) HTML windows w/o size restrictions.

Good luck on that.
Old January 1st 08, 08:27 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

Sherman L. Cahal wrote:
> On Jan 1, 3:06 pm, "Carl Rogers" > wrote:
>
>> A dozen or so webmasters, many from the MTR
>> newsgroup, have expressed interest in seeing WHL photographs w/o fixed-size
>> windows. In spirit of cooperation, the WHL would like to create an option
>> for interested parties who'd like unrestricted access to WHL content, sans
>> fixed-window. For a _flat nominal fee_, the WHL will grant a perpetual
>> license for your site that allows your website: (1) native access to JPEG
>> files, and (2) HTML windows w/o size restrictions.

> Good luck on that.

I guess his New Year's resolution is to try to find new revenue streams.

What he hasn't figured out is that people aren't going to his site when
it's for free. They sure aren't going to go there if he's going to charge.

What a joke.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

--
That's one of the problems in this country
The nuts don't know they're nuts.

--Jeff Foxworthy
Old January 1st 08, 10:27 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

Scott in SoCal wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 14:27:49 -0600, Rich Piehl
> > wrote:
>
>> Sherman L. Cahal wrote:

>>> Good luck on that.

>> I guess his New Year's resolution is to try to find new revenue streams.
>>
>> What he hasn't figured out is that people aren't going to his site when
>> it's for free. They sure aren't going to go there if he's going to charge.
>>
>> What a joke.

> The joke is on Cal-El. If even ONE person takes him up on his offer,
> he will be legally obligated to keep his web site up IN PERPETUITY to
> serve those images. The recurring costs will eventually dwarf whatever
> one-time fee he might collect.
>
> Now here's a way he can really make money: he can charge people not to
> post to RAD and MTR. Set up a PayPal account, and charge each person a
> few cents per month in exchange for not posting. As long as people
> pay, he refrains from posting; as long as he refrains from posting,
> people continue to pay. An arrangement like that would provide income
> for the rest of his life.

When he returned from his hiatus I queried Carl whether there was a
quantity of site hits that if we could get him to he would go away
again. Eric the attack chihuahua came after me with his usual vicious
tenacity - he started calling me names for such a suggestion. So,
mortally wounded, I didn't broach the subject again.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

Old January 1st 08, 11:20 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
abda53

> What he hasn't figured out is that people aren't going to his site when
> it's for free. They sure aren't going to go there if he's going to charge.

Actually people are going to his website.. Why? **** if I don't know..
but it sure as hell isn't me. Apparently there are a lot of retards
out there with no lives.. you know.. the type that do nothing all day
except jerk off to road signs and call themselves viatologists.. Sure
he's not getting the hits that I get on my sites.. but I bet he is
getting a hell of a lot more hits than any of you.. if any of you
idiots even have a website.

> The joke is on Cal-El. If even ONE person takes him up on his offer,
> he will be legally obligated to keep his web site up IN PERPETUITY to
> serve those images. The recurring costs will eventually dwarf whatever
> one-time fee he might collect.

The joke is actually on you. All he needs to do is set up a disclaimer
to say that the site and its services will be available only as long
as the site stays in service. If there are recurring fees for any
service, once the site goes down he would have to end those recurring
fees.

> "Over the past few weeks, I've let a close friend (Eric) label certain MTR
> and RAD individuals as homosexuals. I do want to take this opportunity to
> apologise, for not taking my part in stopping this ignorant behaviour."

For the record, I have never called anyone a homosexual. I have
however called certain individuals as a fag(got), gay, poop pusher,
knee scraper, etc..

> When he returned from his hiatus I queried Carl whether there was a
> quantity of site hits that if we could get him to he would go away
> again. Eric the attack chihuahua came after me with his usual vicious
> tenacity - he started calling me names for such a suggestion. So,
> mortally wounded, I didn't broach the subject again.

That's good you stupid queer pussy faggot. I didn't want to hear your
**** anyways.
Old January 1st 08, 11:56 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Adam Prince[_1_]

On Jan 1, 6:20 pm, abda53 > wrote:
> > What he hasn't figured out is that people aren't going to his site when
> > it's for free. They sure aren't going to go there if he's going to charge.

> Actually people are going to his website.. Why? **** if I don't know..
> but it sure as hell isn't me. Apparently there are a lot of retards
> out there with no lives.. you know.. the type that do nothing all day
> except jerk off to road signs and call themselves viatologists.. Sure
> he's not getting the hits that I get on my sites.. but I bet he is
> getting a hell of a lot more hits than any of you.. if any of you
> idiots even have a website.

Ok, let's look at this reply by Eric.

"Actually people are going to his website.. Why? **** if I don't
know..
but it sure as hell isn't me. Apparently there are a lot of retards
out there with no lives.. you know.. the type that do nothing all day
except jerk off to road signs and call themselves viatologists"

Where do we start.

First, on November 7, 2007 - Carl Rogers wrote:
"Many thanks to Eric Lozaga for helping give me the courage to
continue
to do a hobby I love. And that's roads! "

Are you saying that Carl doesn't have a life? And that he jerks off
to road signs all day since he is the only known person to call
himself a 'viatologist'?

Damn what kind of "best friend" are you?

You've never explained this. "I laugh at all of you.. who the **** has
a hobby of highway shields
and freeways. You are all retarded losers."

Especially when Carl has said again: ""Many thanks to Eric Lozaga for
helping give me the courage to continue
to do a hobby I love. And that's roads! "

You know...Carl does have it pretty bad. His "best friend" does
nothing but consistently insult him in a public forum.

You know the more Eric speaks...the more we learn about Carl and what
his own friends think of him.
Old January 2nd 08, 12:03 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Carl ROGÉRS

"abda53" > wrote in message
>> What he hasn't figured out is that people aren't going to his site when
>> it's for free. They sure aren't going to go there if he's going to
>> charge.

> Actually people are going to his website.. Why? **** if I don't know..
> but it sure as hell isn't me. Apparently there are a lot of retards
> out there with no lives.. you know.. the type that do nothing all day
> except jerk off to road signs and call themselves viatologists.. Sure
> he's not getting the hits that I get on my sites.. but I bet he is
> getting a hell of a lot more hits than any of you.. if any of you
> idiots even have a website.

Don't worry. It's their way of saying, "I can't compete w/ Carl monetarily,
socially or developmentally. So let me create an alternate reality to
combat him". Like they say, if you say a lie over and over again, some
people will believe it.

I think 480,000 hits for the WHL last year is a prety good indicator of
success. They can't challenge that number (...even w/ their websites
combined), so they play childish games to reclaim the throne . Little do
these MTR kids know, they're little cheerleaders that funnel extra traffic
into my website. So in effect, they're conceivably increasing my ad
revenue.

>> The joke is on Cal-El.

LOL. They create figurative caricatures. Oh well, my ad revenue's up, so
they're creativity is paying for my nights out on the town.

If even ONE person takes him up on his offer,
>> he will be legally obligated to keep his web site up IN PERPETUITY to
>> serve those images. The recurring costs will eventually dwarf whatever
>> one-time fee he might collect.

Fear of uncertainty and doubt... He can't compete w/ me, raise advertising
revenue or carry a social life.

>> "Over the past few weeks, I've let a close friend (Eric) label certain
>> MTR
>> and RAD individuals as homosexuals. I do want to take this opportunity
>> apologise, for not taking my part in stopping this ignorant behaviour."

> For the record, I have never called anyone a homosexual. I have
> however called certain individuals as a fag(got), gay, poop pusher,
> knee scraper, etc..

While I still do apologise to the homosexual community for Eric's remarks, I
don't apologise to the people to which Eric is asserting. They deserve
every bit of crap they receive because they're crap themselves, as far as
I'm concerned. I have no future plans in stopping Eric's behaviour, but if
anyone would like to lend a hand in picking up where I've left off, in that
respect go ahead and try.

Oh yeah, Sherman is short. Rich is a WASP.

Back to work,

Carl

Old January 2nd 08, 12:05 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

abda53 wrote:

> That's good you stupid queer pussy faggot. I didn't want to hear your
> **** anyways.

What a brilliant (half)wit. Been pajama shopping at Wal-mart lately, Eric?

Old January 2nd 08, 12:20 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
abda53

> Are you saying that Carl doesn't have a life? And that he jerks off
> to road signs all day since he is the only known person to call
> himself a 'viatologist'?

Actually he calls everyone one of you viatologists.. and considering
the people who reply to him, including you.. that confirms that you
you are all viatologists. If you aren't then why do you respond?

> Damn what kind of "best friend" are you?

A better one than you could ever be.

> You've never explained this. "I laugh at all of you.. who the **** has
> a hobby of highway shields
> and freeways. You are all retarded losers."

You are. Your hobby is stupid. I bet none of you are married, have
kids.. or even a girlfriend. If you do, prove me wrong. I know for a
fact Carl does, he is practically married.. So at least I can't call
him a fag like all of you.

> Especially when Carl has said again: ""Many thanks to Eric Lozaga > for
> helping give me the courage to continue
> to do a hobby I love. And that's roads! "

That's right.. I will always support my friends.. even if their hobby
unfortunately includes a bunch of faggots like you.

> You know...Carl does have it pretty bad. His "best friend" does
> nothing but consistently insult him in a public forum.

I have never insulted him. What may come off as an insult to you, we
are laughing about it in person.

> You know the more Eric speaks...the more we learn about Carl and > what
> his own friends think of him.

That's funny.. do you have any friends? You will only think what you
want to believe. I can't help the fact that you are a moron who likes
to suck pole. It's a free country, you can do whatever you want. I'm
just going to laugh and make fun of you the entire time.

I may not honestly think that all of you are gay and like it up the
butt.. I may very well be wrong.. but the funniest part is the fact
that none of you have ever denied it. I know if someone called me a
faggoty poop pusher knee scraper, I would defend myself. Not one of
you have. lol
Old January 2nd 08, 12:24 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
abda53

Let me guess.. you heard that stupid ass line from someone else? I'm
thinking so since you have to quote a comedian since apparently you
have no humor yourself.

Pajama shopping at walmart? That's pretty retarded. I'm sure if I had
said that to you, everyone else would have laughed and said that it
was the stupidest thing they've ever heard.

Please.. get a life.