Thanks and how do you do...

Old March 2nd 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Thanks and how do you do...

Hello all,
I posted a few weeks ago to get some advice on purchasing a 91 XJ that
I was not able to drive (not registered, no tags... ick!). Well, since
there was nothing that I could do to drive it legally, I passed on it.
But reading the various posts on this forum has given me a vast ammount
on information to use in purchasing an XJ. I decided that this is the
vehicle that I want due to it's durability, cargo capacity, and ease to
work on.

Well, I found myself a pretty good deal on an XJ that is a little more
suited for me (5spd, 2wd with the I6). I picked up a 93 XJ for really
cheap. It isn't going to win any beauty contests, but it runs strong
and steady. I'm in the middle of nursing it back to full heath (all
fluids, ignition, gaskets, etc) and so far I am extremely pleased with
it. I also lucked out in finding a fellow in town that has two donor
XJ's that I'm going to go vulture this weekend (still won't be a final
runner up in beauty contest, but I like having an ugly truck, lol).
Just wanted to say thanks, and I'll more than likely be back soon with
some questions for you fine folks. I'm snapping pics of this thing as I
go and once it looks like I've made some progress, I might throw some
on the net, but that's all in the future...

In the mean time, I just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for the
info, a hearty thanks for the advice for those that replied to me, and
here's something to ponder on about oil and additives...

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/lucas/lucas.htm

I found this extremely facinating.... and the forums there hold a good
deal of info and such, like this one that I found useful as well:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/...;f=24;t=003121

take a look at em, I'm not saying that it's verbatim truth or anything,
but it's handy info and gives some good reference material. I know I
was thinking of grabbing some additives for my new beast, but this made
me think twice.

Have a good one!!
~J