'69 Mach 1 ID.

Old May 6th 05, 06:21 PM
Mark C.

Default '69 Mach 1 ID.

Hi folks, I just bought what I was told is a '69 Mach 1. I haven't located a
body buck tag for it yet and I think the door sticker has been painted over.
Are ther any other definate ways identifying it as a MACH? It has the deluxe
interior, cobra jet hood scoop with hood pins, fold down rear seat, pop open
gas cap, M code for 351 4V in the vin. FMX automatic transmission, 9" rear
end, missing louvers but the mounting holes in the roof are there, power
steering, power disk brakes, had A/C once. I know all of these could have
been added by the dealer or someone else at one time so I need better proof.
TIA.

--
Mark

Old May 6th 05, 11:32 PM
Dinsdale

On Fri, 6 May 2005 10:21:48 -0700, "Mark C." >
wrote:

>Hi folks, I just bought what I was told is a '69 Mach 1. I haven't located a
>body buck tag for it yet and I think the door sticker has been painted over.
>Are ther any other definate ways identifying it as a MACH? It has the deluxe
>interior, cobra jet hood scoop with hood pins, fold down rear seat, pop open
>gas cap, M code for 351 4V in the vin. FMX automatic transmission, 9" rear
>end, missing louvers but the mounting holes in the roof are there, power
>steering, power disk brakes, had A/C once. I know all of these could have
>been added by the dealer or someone else at one time so I need better proof.
>TIA.
>
>--
>Mark

If you can get the paint off the door tag...and it has the same
VIN...and it lists "63C" as the body code then it's a Mach 1.

If there is no data tag (or a wrong one) these people can get you the
original paperwork on your car: (I think from just the VIN)
http://www.martiauto.com/

Click on the "Production History Reports" link on the top for more
info.
You can also get a new data tag/sticker.

Here's a pic of a Marti repport for a '69 Mach1:
http://www.christann.com/cars/mach1/martirep.jpg

You can get similar info from Ford for free...it'll probably take
longer...and it's more likely to have errors.
It's known as CAC report, or a History 999 report
Ford Motor Company
(800) 392-3673 or
(313) 322-3000

Happy motoring!
DP
Pics of the cars:
http://tinyurl.com/d2q9u
Old May 7th 05, 12:07 AM
Grover C. McCoury III

FYI: Get the VIN and consult the following site:

http://www.mustangdecoder.com/decoder.html

Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @
http://community.webshots.com/album/18644819fHAehGJAjt

Old May 7th 05, 12:32 AM
Sarah Czepiel

wrote:

>Hi folks, I just bought what I was told is a '69 Mach 1. I haven't located a
>body buck tag for it yet and I think the door sticker has been painted over.
>Are ther any other definate ways identifying it as a MACH? It has the deluxe
>interior, cobra jet hood scoop with hood pins, fold down rear seat, pop open
>gas cap, M code for 351 4V in the vin. FMX automatic transmission, 9" rear
>end, missing louvers but the mounting holes in the roof are there, power
>steering, power disk brakes, had A/C once. I know all of these could have
>been added by the dealer or someone else at one time so I need better proof.
>TIA.
>
>--
>Mark

Does it have a "R" in the vin #? If so it's a Mach 1.

"Lord give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom
to hide the bodies of the people I had to kill because they
****ed me off. "
Old May 7th 05, 12:40 AM
Sarah Czepiel

On Fri, 06 May 2005 19:32:23 -0400, Sarah Czepiel >
wrote:

>On Fri, 6 May 2005 10:21:48 -0700, "Mark C." >
>wrote:
>
>>Hi folks, I just bought what I was told is a '69 Mach 1. I haven't located a
>>body buck tag for it yet and I think the door sticker has been painted over.
>>Are ther any other definate ways identifying it as a MACH? It has the deluxe
>>interior, cobra jet hood scoop with hood pins, fold down rear seat, pop open
>>gas cap, M code for 351 4V in the vin. FMX automatic transmission, 9" rear
>>end, missing louvers but the mounting holes in the roof are there, power
>>steering, power disk brakes, had A/C once. I know all of these could have
>>been added by the dealer or someone else at one time so I need better proof.
>>TIA.
>>
>>--
>>Mark

>Does it have a "R" in the vin #? If so it's a Mach 1.

Scratch that...I missed your 351 engine in the car. Sorry.

Old May 8th 05, 06:29 PM
Mark C.

Oh, I forgot to mention it has what looks like the original black carpet
with red inserts.

--
Mark

Old May 9th 05, 03:07 AM

Mark C. wrote:

> Oh, I forgot to mention it has what looks like the original
> black carpet with red inserts.

Only came in the Mach I; all others with Deluxe Interior were
black/black.

Old May 9th 05, 06:36 AM
Mark C.

Sweet, maybe I'll find the build sheet under the carpet if it isn't too
moldy. The floors have some surface rust that need attention from leaks.

--
Mark
--
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who once said, "I drank
what?". " Val Kilmer in Real Genius.

ups.com...

Old May 9th 05, 08:44 PM
Sarah Czepiel

On Sun, 8 May 2005 10:29:20 -0700, "Mark C." >
wrote:

>Oh, I forgot to mention it has what looks like the original black carpet
>with red inserts.
>

>--
>Mark

That's very nice indeed. My "dream car" when I was a kid was either
a 69 Mach 1 or a 69 Cougar Eliminator. Didn't get either.
Old May 10th 05, 04:14 AM
Mark C.

I'll sell you mine. ~

--