Blinking CEL

Old April 7th 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Blinking CEL

I have searching news groups and the net for clues to what is going on
with my Accord but I am not having any luck. This is my first Honda and
I am familiar with pulling codes for my other vehicles that I own.

I have a '99 Honda Accord LX with 107k miles on it. Recently when I
start my car the CEL blinks ten times and goes away. It never stays on
but only blinks when the car is started and running. The blinks seem to
be evenly spaced. Not la long or fast blinking cycle. Other than the
blinking CEL the car runs fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Old April 7th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

" wrote:

> I have searching news groups and the net for clues to what is going on
> with my Accord but I am not having any luck. This is my first Honda and
> I am familiar with pulling codes for my other vehicles that I own.
>
> I have a '99 Honda Accord LX with 107k miles on it. Recently when I
> start my car the CEL blinks ten times and goes away. It never stays on
> but only blinks when the car is started and running. The blinks seem to
> be evenly spaced. Not la long or fast blinking cycle. Other than the
> blinking CEL the car runs fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Michael

Read the owner's manual. I think it's reminding you to get the periodic
maintenance done. It's based on mileage. Manual also tells you how to
reset it.

'Curly'
Old April 7th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I was wrong, it is the Maint Req'd light blinking ten times. I guess I
should pay more attention next time. So that information would be in
the owner's manual?

Old April 8th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

" > wrote in
oups.com:

> I was wrong, it is the Maint Req'd light blinking ten times. I guess I
> should pay more attention next time. So that information would be in
> the owner's manual?

Oh, no. No point in looking at that. Honda just puts those in your glove
box in order to use up the last of the year's budget.

If you haven't got one in you glove box because somebody used yours for
toilet paper, you can get one he
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

--
TeGGeR®