Ford Focus SVT as replacement for Miata: your thoughts

Old December 5th 04, 07:25 AM
Doug

>Age and responsibility? You've been puttering around in a two seater
>convertible for the last 15 years, dude. Ok, you're 15 years older, but
>your life sounds like a party based on the responsibilities you listed
>(basically, none).

rotfl. I've been in it about 2.5 years to be exact. But 15 will be
great, since I'm gonna keep this one going for a long time.

Doug
Old December 5th 04, 09:40 PM
Chief_Wiggum

"HardwareLust" > wrote in message
> Doug wrote:
>
> Buy a nice used sporty sedan (Civic, Accord, Protege, Maxima, etc.)
>
> Regards,
> H.

Oh,... I didn't realize he was shopping for a car for his GRANDMA!!!
Maybe a Buick Lesabre, or a nice Crown Victoria would be comfy

Who would want to go from a great sportscar, to a FWD ricebox ? BLEECH!!..

Old December 8th 04, 05:33 AM
Kempi

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message news:lanny->

> depressing how dull most other cars are. The RX-8 may be the only true
> 4-seat car that outhandles a Miata and costs less than $60k. Maybe the
> only one under 4000 pounds, period.

Larry,

With all respect, You seem to forgot about Lotus Elise.
It's about $40k and has outrageous handling.
Weights no more than a Miata.
It's not a "daily driver", by any means, though.

Regards,
Kempi
'01 silver

Old December 8th 04, 07:01 AM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Kempi" > wrote:

> > depressing how dull most other cars are. The RX-8 may be the only true
> > 4-seat car that outhandles a Miata and costs less than $60k. Maybe the
> > only one under 4000 pounds, period.
> >

> Larry,
>
> With all respect, You seem to forgot about Lotus Elise.

So, when did Lotus add the back seats?

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C
Old December 8th 04, 04:15 PM
Scott Streeter

Lanny Chambers > writes:

> In article >,
> "Kempi" > wrote:
>
> > > depressing how dull most other cars are. The RX-8 may be the only true
> > > 4-seat car that outhandles a Miata and costs less than $60k. Maybe the
> > > only one under 4000 pounds, period.
> > >

> > Larry,
> >
> > With all respect, You seem to forgot about Lotus Elise.

> So, when did Lotus add the back seats?
>
> --
> Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
> '94C
> the alignment page:
> http://www.hummingbirds.net/alignment.html

How about a Mini Copper S. They are light and handle awsome and have a
back seat. About the same price as a Miata too.

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
Old December 12th 04, 05:12 PM
RideRT

> How about a Mini Copper S. They are light and handle awsome and have a
> back seat. About the same price as a Miata too.
> --
> Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

Many friends of mine have the new minis - and while most will never admit
it - it's their last one. Reliability is a big problem, parts pricing and
availability, service pricing (all of them dealers are BMW trained and have
that same attitude...)

I also drove a few of them and they do handle well - but they fell heavy.

They may hold their value over time, but suspect most owners will spend lots
more maintaining them over time.

Long live the Miata.

DS

---

Old December 13th 04, 03:31 PM
Scott Streeter

"RideRT" > writes:

> > How about a Mini Copper S. They are light and handle awsome and have a
> > back seat. About the same price as a Miata too.
> > --
> > Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

> Many friends of mine have the new minis - and while most will never admit
> it - it's their last one. Reliability is a big problem, parts pricing and
> availability, service pricing (all of them dealers are BMW trained and have
> that same attitude...)
>
> I also drove a few of them and they do handle well - but they fell heavy.
>
> They may hold their value over time, but suspect most owners will spend lots
> more maintaining them over time.
>
> Long live the Miata.
>
> DS
>

> ---

Only 1 friend of mine has a Mini and it's been reliable for him.

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/