Feel vibration in carvan 93

Old February 16th 05, 06:38 AM
Paul Singh

Default Feel vibration in carvan 93

I had all three motor mounts replaced in my Caravan by Firestone today. I
feel the vibration inside the vehical that I did not feel before. Could the
reason be that the rubber mounts are new and hard in the cold weather or
they messed it up somewhere. Any thoughts ?

Paul

Old February 16th 05, 12:58 PM
jdoe

I would say they messed up.
Larry

Old February 16th 05, 11:56 PM
tdodge

the centre mount(front of vehicle) is most likely
out of adjustment causing the vibration. have them re-adjust the mount

Old February 17th 05, 07:37 AM
Paul Singh

Thanks a lot!. I will take it back to them.

Paul

lkaboutautos.com...

Old February 19th 05, 01:52 AM
ncs

Are talking about shifting the engine left or right so the drive axle
lengths are within spec. ?

thanks,
Nick

lkaboutautos.com...

Old February 19th 05, 06:30 PM
Paul Singh

I took it back to Firestone. First they said, no we did everything right.
Then I told them that they just need to loosen all the mounting bolts, shake
the engine a little and then tighten the bolts to the specs. That is exactly
what they did and vibration came under control. At least this is what they
told me what they did. Before I picked up the vehical they called me to tell
me that the whole engine diagnostics need to be done to remove all the
vibration because there is misfire etc etc. There may be a little but that
misfire was there prior to changing the mounts as well. I did not ask them
to quote anything. I think most of the vibration is now gone. I will myself
look at the misfires.

I just took it to them the first time because I wasn;t comfortable doing it
myself. Anyway, seems like it is OK now.

Thanks everybody who responded. I just recently started reading this
newsgroup. There are a lot of helpful folks who frequent this group and that
is really cool!.

-Paul

"ncs" > wrote in message ...
> Are talking about shifting the engine left or right so the drive axle
> lengths are within spec. ?
>
> thanks,
> Nick
>
> "tdodge" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
>> the centre mount(front of vehicle) is most likely
>> out of adjustment causing the vibration. have them re-adjust the mount

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

Nissan vibration Peter Sheriff Technology 2 February 15th 05 06:41 PM
Need help = Vibration under acceleration [email protected] 4x4 5 January 19th 05 08:53 AM
Clutch pedal vibration Norm Honda 0 November 28th 04 03:06 PM
Vibration in my SW2...getting worse every day... WTP07 Saturn 2 October 24th 04 01:13 AM