1996 Neon stalling

Old July 1st 04, 02:06 AM
kangel55

Default 1996 Neon stalling

I have a 1996 Neon and when it gets hot it dies and won't start back up
until it cools off, about a half hour or so, I can go about a mile and it
will stall right out, someone please help me, thank you

Old July 1st 04, 09:20 PM
Dan C

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:06:54 -0400, kangel55 wrote:

> I have a 1996 Neon and when it gets hot it dies and won't start back up
> until it cools off, about a half hour or so, I can go about a mile and it
> will stall right out, someone please help me, thank you

Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the oil? What does
the temp guage on the dashboard read? Is it leaking any fluids?

Provide a little information, and you might get an answer...

Linux Registered User #327951

Old July 1st 04, 09:20 PM
Dan C

Old July 3rd 04, 02:03 AM
seabringlx2003

that could be many things take it to your local garage

Old July 3rd 04, 02:03 AM
seabringlx2003

that could be many things take it to your local garage

Old July 5th 04, 04:57 AM
NG

"seabringlx2003" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...

> that could be many things take it to your local garage

Does this guy know what grammar and punctuation is? And what a good idea...
"it could be many things"

Useless.

NG

Old July 5th 04, 04:57 AM
NG

Old July 5th 04, 05:41 AM
Dan C

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 03:57:27 +0000, NG wrote:

>> that could be many things take it to your local garage

> Does this guy know what grammar and punctuation is? And what a good idea...
> "it could be many things"
> Useless.

Apparently he doesn't. Not uncommon for those posting from the
"talkaboutautos" site...

Linux Registered User #327951

Old July 5th 04, 05:41 AM
Dan C

Old July 11th 04, 01:53 PM
Joe

Had the same problem on a Plymouth Sundance & a Nissan Altima. The
Sundance had a bad " Hall Effect Sensor ". The Altima had a bad "
Camshaft Position Sensor ". I am not sure your Neon's engine (2.0L).
They are both related being part of the distributor assembly. The
Sundance had Chryslers 2.2L engine & the Hall Effect Sensor was easy
to replace. Disconnect the cable to the distributor, remove the
distributor cap & rotor & lift the hall effect sensor off. Took about
ten minutes & cost about $30. The Altima has the camshaft position
sensor as part of the distributor but cannot be replaced seperately. I
had to replace the distributor. Again easy to replace but cost about
$500.

Good Luck

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:06:54 -0400, "kangel55"
> wrote:

>I have a 1996 Neon and when it gets hot it dies and won't start back up
>until it cools off, about a half hour or so, I can go about a mile and it
>will stall right out, someone please help me, thank you

1996 Dodge Intrepid ABS problem joe Dodge 0 June 16th 04 05:53 PM
'96 Neon "Sport"... Cam Shafts [email protected] Dodge 2 June 10th 04 02:28 PM
Bad Mileage '04 Neon NG Dodge 6 June 1st 04 02:48 AM
2001 plymouth neon Chas Stokes Dodge 1 May 8th 04 09:41 AM