88 Aries Shift Points

Old April 24th 04, 12:28 PM
Dave libbey

Default 88 Aries Shift Points

You can change the shift point by tweaking the thrans cable that goes from
the carbeurator to the transmission your service manual tells you how to
adjust this just put it in a little further than the stock location or out a
little bit it depends on each individual transmission as to where it will
shift best. Also make sure your timing is set where it shoudl be this will
affect shift points in fuel injected cars.

"Mistercmk" > wrote in message

> "Bill 2" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Mistercmk" > wrote in message

> message

know
> > > they

> point
> > on

> drive

> you
> > > >
> > > I realize that, but it shifts at really really low rpms. I was just
> > > thinking that raising the shift point will let it utilize more of the

> > upper
> > > RPMS. My 92 escort with 88 horses can spank that car, so I just

wanted
> > > help him out with it. Thanks

> > Did you try manually shifting?

> yeah, and the car does seem a little quicker, I'll see if I can get him

over

Old April 24th 04, 12:28 PM
Dave libbey

Old May 7th 04, 05:59 AM
Dan Fraser

Need more oomph with an Aries? Why bother. I drive an 88 Aries to work every
day. I live with it. On weekends when I want more style, I picked up a 90
Lebaron convertible for $1100. A lot cheaper than modifying the Aries. Twice
the power, infinitely more sex appeal and a tiny useless trunk. But that's
what I keep the Aries S/W for. To haul crap.

And on the 405 you can't go very fast anyway.

Dan