had one ... but the doors fell off

Old December 10th 04, 10:45 PM
maxpower

You know, its is ashame, i will never dispute that the foriegn cars are
built 100% better then the domestic vehicles, and that goes for quality
also, if i took 100 Chrysler cars and 100 foriegn cars and inspected them
brand new, i would problems with the domestic ones and maybe not one with
the the foriegn, and it has been like that as far as i can remember
"Nate Nagel" > wrote in message
> damnnickname wrote:
>
> > My wife had a 94 caravan that her door was falling down on the drivers
> > side, she was backing up with the door open and hit my truck, it sprung
> > the hindge that i never had fixed, over time the door support started
> > cracking and the door was coming off, not chryslers problem, but my own,

> > had seen a bolt shear off the lift gate before, only because the owner
> > would let the door slam open, in turn springing the hindges, now you

state
> > you were rear ended??? you may have also sprung the hindge, and over

time

Old December 11th 04, 12:48 AM
James C. Reeves

Too bad you didn't go the Lemon Law approach when you 1st bought it and had the
vehicle replaced with another one. It would have been a good change that
another one would have been fine. I know dozen's of people with Caravan's
giving excellent service. I've owned two (a 1987 1st year Grand and my current
1997 Grand). The '87 we sold to friends in 1997 and they ran it another 5
years...the only problem they eventually had was with the smoking mitsu****ty
3.0 V6 engine.

Old December 11th 04, 12:56 AM
maxpower

did you have any doors fall off James?

Old December 11th 04, 12:56 AM
maxpower

Old December 11th 04, 02:12 AM
Matt Whiting

maxpower wrote:
> You know, its is ashame, i will never dispute that the foriegn cars are
> built 100% better then the domestic vehicles, and that goes for quality
> also, if i took 100 Chrysler cars and 100 foriegn cars and inspected them
> brand new, i would problems with the domestic ones and maybe not one with
> the the foriegn, and it has been like that as far as i can remember

What are you taking? And can I get some of it? Delusions like this
would really melt away the old stress!

Matt

Old December 11th 04, 02:12 AM
Matt Whiting

Old December 11th 04, 03:25 AM
peter denyer

Nate

a breath of fresh air - I expect a lot when I pay a lot - over $30K for
that Town and Country and in an environment like the Bay Area, where 50
year old cars aren't uncommon, saying that I shouldn't expect a well
maintained car to last more than 10 years or 180K miles is a crock.

Thanks
Peter

Old December 11th 04, 03:25 AM
peter denyer

Old December 11th 04, 03:29 AM
peter denyer

James

looked into that, but never quite qualified, and things always seemed to
go wrong just outside of Chrysler warranty on repairs.

Yes, I've got friends who have had good luck with the Caravan/
Voyager/Town and Country - I just happened to hit an unlucky one.

Thanks
Peter

X5 doors freezing Milwana BMW 11 December 20th 04 03:46 AM
Lock doors automatically Perinouk Audi 5 August 16th 04 04:28 PM
Caravan Autolocking doors??? Wulfdog Dodge 12 August 16th 04 04:10 PM
Central locking system randomly locks and unlocks doors - 1999 A4 Audi 1970 Suzuki TS250 Audi 1 July 31st 04 07:20 AM
[FS] Black Alfa Romeo 147 1.6TS Lusso 5 doors - 2003(03) - 9000 miles Peter Alfa Romeo 5 June 5th 04 09:56 AM