Rear End ??

Old September 18th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jessin

Default Rear End ??

I Have a '93 YJ I Replaced the spark plugs wires cap and roter. then
few days later i was driving down the freeway and it slowed down and
wouldn't go anyfaster or maintain speed i could feel something hitting
the floorboard assuming it was the exhaust pipe and was kinda felt like
it was missing but couldn't hear any backfiring or anything It will
idle find and runs fine most of the time when i restart it and take off
it usually solves the problem for a few minutes . . . we noticed that
it has been kinda jerking when taking off and when this happens it
kinda pulls toward the passanger side we pulled the housing off the
rearend and checked the cap and rotor but nothing seems out of place .
.. . it usually only does it at freeway speed i'm assuming it has to to
with something heating up but no fluid seems low . . . long story
short at first i assumed it had something to do with the stuff i
replaced but may be the rear end it causing the tranny to jerk alittle
making me feel something in the floorboard Anyone ever had anything
like this happen before ??

Old September 18th 06, 05:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeffrey DeWitt

Not sure about the pulling part but it almost sounds like a clogged exhaust.

I think rear end failures are usually a lot more dramatic, and usually
leave little doubt as to where the problem is.

Jeff DeWitt

Old September 18th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

I think I would be looking at the front end parts....

Pulling to the side when it slows down is 'really' bad news! That means
something is stressing the **** out of either a front end part that is
about to fail or a bushing that already has failed.

The exhaust banging the floor when the engine loads up like that and the
jerky starts likely means you have a broken engine mount or broken
tranny mount as well. I would be looking at the driver's side mount.
This would just be a symptom of the load, not the cause.

Do you have any issues or noises when turning? Sometimes the front axle
u-joints seize up, but you usually notice that as heavy steering.

When looking at the front wheels, do they look straight up and down or
is one tilted in at the top?

You can check out your cat for blockage by checking the manifold
vacuum. If it is really low, suspect a blocked up cat.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Jessin wrote:

> I Have a '93 YJ I Replaced the spark plugs wires cap and roter. then
> few days later i was driving down the freeway and it slowed down and
> wouldn't go anyfaster or maintain speed i could feel something hitting
> the floorboard assuming it was the exhaust pipe and was kinda felt like
> it was missing but couldn't hear any backfiring or anything It will
> idle find and runs fine most of the time when i restart it and take off
> it usually solves the problem for a few minutes . . . we noticed that
> it has been kinda jerking when taking off and when this happens it
> kinda pulls toward the passanger side we pulled the housing off the
> rearend and checked the cap and rotor but nothing seems out of place .
> . . it usually only does it at freeway speed i'm assuming it has to to
> with something heating up but no fluid seems low . . . long story
> short at first i assumed it had something to do with the stuff i
> replaced but may be the rear end it causing the tranny to jerk alittle
> making me feel something in the floorboard Anyone ever had anything
> like this happen before ??

2006 Accord Rear Ended & damage TWRUD Honda 1 April 19th 06 01:40 AM
Beretta rear toe ray Technology 5 April 12th 06 03:45 AM
rear end question - 1995-2001 Explorer - 8.8 pbarton Ford Explorer 0 March 18th 06 01:44 AM
No rear A/C in 1999 Grand Caravan Anon Dodge 4 June 5th 04 02:16 PM