1994 Chrysler Concorde downshift problem.(air vacuum sensor?

Old August 21st 05, 09:37 PM
STREETL1FE

Default 1994 Chrysler Concorde downshift problem.(air vacuum sensor?

I have been having a rough downshift from 2nd to first....as well as
when I go from standing to stepping on the gas lightly and taking it
off right away....I get a "lurching, jerking to slow down action."
Especially when I put the A/C on...

I have been reading various forums and none I feel address the
problem I have been having .... I have recently bought the Concorde
after it has been sitting in a shop for over a year... It now has
129,000 miles on it and the engine has been serviced
regularly..although I dont feel any of the less known parts have been
replaced like sensors or anything along those lines...I have heard
this particular car is problematic and some other owners wished they
had never bought this model...I have been okay thus far and only have
spent money on parts due to wear and tear that seems normal.

Any relevant tips to this problem or "heads up" on future 1994
Concorde specific warnings will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Thanx..

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-1...ict134708.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=654385
Old August 21st 05, 10:49 PM
Bill Putney

STREETL1FE wrote:

> I have been having a rough downshift from 2nd to first....as well as
> when I go from standing to stepping on the gas lightly and taking it
> off right away....I get a "lurching, jerking to slow down action."
> Especially when I put the A/C on...
>
> I have been reading various forums and none I feel address the
> problem I have been having .... I have recently bought the Concorde
> after it has been sitting in a shop for over a year... It now has
> 129,000 miles on it and the engine has been serviced
> regularly..although I dont feel any of the less known parts have been
> replaced like sensors or anything along those lines...I have heard
> this particular car is problematic and some other owners wished they
> had never bought this model...I have been okay thus far and only have
> spent money on parts due to wear and tear that seems normal.
>
> Any relevant tips to this problem or "heads up" on future 1994
> Concorde specific warnings will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Thanx..

Some background:
Your car may still have ATF+3 in it unless it's been changed. You
should have been changing the fluid periodically. To get a more
complete changeout to ATF+4, you will need more than just a simple pan
drop (system holds 10 qts. - pan drop only replaces 4 to 5 qts.). ATF+4
is superior to ATF+3.

Also, Chrysler went thru a few revisions of the firmware to tweak that
kind of problem out of the 42LE. There was one update that my Concorde
needed for the exact same problem, and it fixed it for good - and mine's
a '99.

Try the following in the order given (checking to see if problem
resolved after each step - stop when problem resolved):
(1) Reset TCM (by pulling its fuse for 5 minutes)
(2) Fluid filter change
(3) Reset TCM
(4) Update TCM firmware to latest revision (pay dealer to do this -
anywhere from $60 to $140 depending on dealer).

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')