Dumb question about tire size

Old June 23rd 14, 01:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]

Default Dumb question about tire size

I have a 1990 mustang gt. It has the factory 4 lug, 15 inch turbine wheels on it with new P225/60VR15 tires on it. I have always wanted to replace the ugly turbine wheels but it is near impossible to find 15 inch 4 lug wheels anymore to fit a mustang.

I have been looking on craigslist and found some aluminum ones that a guy I think ordered from summit that are aluminum. However, the back wheels are 10.5 inches wide.

I think my factory wheels are either 7 or 8 inches wide. Does anyone know if they would still fit my car?

The dumb question I have is, will my factory sized tires I have currently fit the 10.5 inch wide tires? I think probably not but how do you tell what tire would fit a 10.5 inch wide rim?

I appreciate it!

Tire size question Scott Hughes Mazda 9 April 6th 06 01:22 AM
another tire size question for a c3 Larry & Michele Corvette 5 September 4th 05 09:22 PM
Tire size question rodod Saturn 2 August 10th 05 07:55 AM
Tire Size Question Coasty Jeep 23 July 6th 05 01:33 AM
tire size question Mike Coonrod General 3 February 11th 04 09:34 PM