A Cars forum. AutoBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AutoBanter forum » Auto newsgroups » Technology
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Dumb question about tire size

Old June 23rd 14, 01:43 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Dumb question about tire size

I have a 1990 mustang gt. It has the factory 4 lug, 15 inch turbine wheels on it with new P225/60VR15 tires on it. I have always wanted to replace the ugly turbine wheels but it is near impossible to find 15 inch 4 lug wheels anymore to fit a mustang.

I have been looking on craigslist and found some aluminum ones that a guy I think ordered from summit that are aluminum. However, the back wheels are 10.5 inches wide.

I think my factory wheels are either 7 or 8 inches wide. Does anyone know if they would still fit my car?

The dumb question I have is, will my factory sized tires I have currently fit the 10.5 inch wide tires? I think probably not but how do you tell what tire would fit a 10.5 inch wide rim?

I appreciate it!
Ads